Sent something I didn't order, where do I stand?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a contract mobile a few weeks back didn't like it so contacted the company who cancelled the contract and collected the phone, Now few weeks later I receive a phone saying replacement:confused: I contacted the network who inform me that the contract is cancelled, and I contacted the company who sent the phone and again said the contract is cancelled.

Does this fall under the unsolicited goods act 1971?

No. It was sent in error, as the firm incorrectly assumed you needed a replacement. Advise them that you have it awaitingf their collection, or to send a postage paid label for its return.

Thread move to Telecoms Forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

No. It was sent in error, as the firm incorrectly assumed you needed a replacement. Advise them that you have it awaitingf their collection, or to send a postage paid label for its return.

Agree, but I'd set a time limit on their collection in writing and tell them that if they don't arrange for the phones collection/return within say 21 days that you will dispose of the goods as you see fit.

That would be seen as being unreasonable, and work against you. Perhaps if it was a hued storage container and there was no space. This is just a small box, so 90 days would be reasonable, as after this you could reasonably dispose of it.

Hi dj9928,

Should the phone have come from us just email the details across to be by following the steps in our pinned thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html and I'll get this looked into and see what we need to to arrange the return.

Once you've sent the email just update the thread with the reference number from our automated reply and I'll track it down for you.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK