style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3653 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi folks, have been having some problems with rossendales (what a surprise) baliffs for a while now, and was just hoping someone could clear something up for me.

i have 3 walking possesion agreements that i stupidly signed when i stupidly let a baliff into my home to sort out outstanding council tax from 5 years ago. my query is this. this happened at my previous address. i have since then moved properties. are the walking possesion arrangements still valid, as they are for the previous address?

hi folks, have been having some problems with rossendales (what a surprise) bailiffs for a while now, and was just hoping someone could clear something up for me.

i have 3 walking possession agreements that i stupidly signed when i stupidly let a bailiff into my home to sort out outstanding council tax from 5 years ago. my query is this. this happened at my previous address. i have since then moved properties. are the walking possession arrangements still valid, as they are for the previous address?

yes they will still be valid at another address

can you tell us what goods were levied

do all 3 walking possession agreements have different goods levied

would the value of the goods levied cover all bailiff fees auction fees removal fees storage fees and a portion of the debt

w.p.a 1: wii console, weights bench, nes (faulty), laptop (now faulty), dvd player, mountain bike, tv/video combi.

w.p.a. 2 wii console, weights bench, nes (faulty), laptop (now faulty), dvd player, mountain bike, tv/video combi, watch.

w.p.a. 3 wii console, weights bench, laptop (now faulty), dvd player, mountain bike, tv/video combi, selection of free weights.

total value of goods i estimate would not cover all fees, let alone pay off any of the debt.

How many Liability Orders do you have, what period of times are they for and how much do you owe on each? Was each WPA done at the same time and by the same person?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i have 3 wpa's all done at the same time mid march this year. 1 for 586, 1 for 216 and the 3rd for 236. i had a letter dropped through my door today while i was out saying that unless i paid in full, a total now of 1159, then they would re-attend at my address at their convenience and remove goods even if i am absent.

i have 3 wpa's all done at the same time mid march this year. 1 for 586, 1 for 216 and the 3rd for 236. i had a letter dropped through my door today while i was out saying that unless i paid in full, a total now of 1159, then they would re-attend at my address at their convenience and remove goods even if i am absent.

As a matter of urgency you need to contact the council for confirmation of the AMOUNTS of the Liability Orders passed to Rossendales.

Just a thought - are these WPs valid? I understand that bailiffs can't levy on the same items x 3. They would need different items for each levy surely?

Impecunious! :)

No they are invalid as he has 'levied' on the same items 3 times!

Maybe 1 could be valid but unsure

No they are invalid as he has 'levied' on the same items 3 times!

Maybe 1 could be valid but unsure

According to Ross & Roberts, bailiffs can add the same items on separate levies, If items were taken for auction and sold for less than the liabilities were for, they would take out their fee's and charges first, and what ever was left would go to the council, however if this did not cover the liabilities the council would basically have to start the procedure over again. So technically you have lost your stuff, bailiffs have been paid, but you are still owing the council. That in its self is bloody pointless but try telling a bailiff that, as long as he gets his share he couldnt give a rats ar*e whether it was paid or not, because then he knows that he would be called out again by the council to levy on more items.

Yes the levies are invalid. but unfortunately bailiffs dont live in the same reality as we do ;)