Easyjet Nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4728 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all I am hoping anyone can help or advise me whether I should take this further, I have read the threads regarding easyjet and have made lots of notes but would appreciate your thoughts - am I just riled up but really have no leg to stand on

To cut a long story short I and a friend were scheduled to fly out of Milan Malpensa on the 27 June, the flights before us went out with no problems and there were no problems on their website re delays

We trundled our way out to the airport and as we were there all flights were cancelled. ( flights before us flew )

We were told they did not have enough crew to fly the planes, and subsquently a number of flights that evening were cancelled.

They said it was an unforeseeable event and that it was Easyjets fault, and as they could not provide notice, ( I will state at this point that it was not Easyjet staff but the Agency that they usee to check people in and out)

They put us up in hotels, arranged transportation to the hotel and checked us in on the flights that were going out the next day (which got delayed again ) , and gave us the sheet with the details for the 250 euro each refund which they said we were entitled to.

I have put my claim in and I got a response from them saying that I was not entitled to the compensation as according to their records our flight left on time ( it was cancelled and I left Milan over 24 hours later missing a day of work )

Anyhow I went back to them and queried it, they said oh it was Air Traffic Control so exceptional circumstances , but no reason what the problem with them was, I went back and asked them why I had now been given three different reasons. They came back and said that it was Air Traffic Control and I needed to contact their claims or 'take them to court' . However I also get an email from another CS rep as somehow my email had been split and this one said

I can admit that sometimes the information provided at the airport are not totally clear and relevant.

This is because the people working at the airport have to act quickly and to make sure that the passengers are well-treated and informed.

Having checked our records regarding the disruption of your flight I can tell you that the main reason of the cancellation of your flight were Air Traffic Control problems, while the secondary reason were the crew problems.

Both of the reasons listed above are the extraordinary reasons and in both cases a passenger is not entitled to a refund.

[/color]

Once more, I would like to apologise for the misunderstanding at the airport and for the disruption itself.

So yet again another story but this CS Rep has admitted that their were crew problems - someone somwhere is not telling the whole truth. I am really annoyed that I am being fobbed off - It is 250 euro compensation and I had not claimed for the extra expense ( I will now tho )

Does anyone have any experience of this - out of principle I want to take this further as it really is unacceptable to me that they can treat passengers like this . All I want is the truth, proof of the delay, the reasons why there are three different stories and if I am entitled to compensation compensation - the main reason is tho that I hate bullies and I think that they need to know that this is not the way to treat customers

I would really appreciate advise , help on taking this further ( or be honest and tell me I am delusional - just let it go )

Cheers

Midge

First thing springs to mind is, It's a budget, no frills airline. You got a hotel and they got you there, all be it 24 hours late.

It's probably cost them more than you paid anyway. I suppose you don't want to hear that though.

Take them to court.

My stepdaughter was stuck here for 10 days because of the volcanic dust, she lives in the USA. No hotel for her, no compensation offers at all, just told to deal with it, that was from a major airline. She had no money left but was lucky enough to have somewhere to stay (at our house) with her 23 month old son.

Point is, it happens every day, if you feel bad about it then send them a letter with your intentions...find out from the airport about the real reason for the delay.

my advice would be ...let it go...you did ask..

If my advice helped you please click my star

We experienced something similar with BMI a few years ago when we arrived ay the airoport BMI had changed their timetable and forgot to tell over 100 passengers and the flight had left 2 hours earlier with hardly no passengers. Consequently, they got us off to another detination and we were able to switch our plans. Compensation for £50 off another flight which we never used.

Earlier this year we also had a run in with Easy Jet it was soon after the ash incident. We turned up and the they called our flight to the gate we were in line and sent us through to board the plane. 1 hour latter we were still waiting to be boarded....then they told us that the plane had a default and we had to go back to the departure lounge if they could not get another plane ours would be cancelled.

This is when we realised that these low cost airlines can cancel there planes at any time. We did eventually get another plane and then spent a further few hours on the run way while another plane was in distress. It was a nightmare journey tbvh and I do not think I will be booking Easy Jet again.

I think if you got compenssation you should be very satisfied as they did put you up overnight and they did get you home the next day.

About the only way you'll get easyjet to do anything about this is to sue them. They have serious crewing problems whoch they are trying to palm off on air traffic. The latter is an extraordinary circumstance meaning they can try and get away with not paying compensation but the crewing is down to them and them alone. You are entitled to compensation over and above what you have already received in kind. If they won't respond to a letter before action, sent by recorded delivery to their registered address at Luton Airport, then file a claim in the county court. They'll pay up.

• 9 months later...

Easyjet xxxxxxxx

I booked tickets to Spain 8 months ago for some friends . 6 weeks ago I was informed from a friend I had got his surname wrong I was told by Easyjet it would cost £109 to ammend this, on top of the origanal flight fee of £49 is this fair! and can I get any of this money back from Stellios! if not all!