littlemissme

son now 19 , is it worth..

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3663 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

my son was diagnosed with adhd a 5 years old , he got dla and i got cares allowance right up to him being 16 years old.

then he must apply himself , thing being , i feel still i have to care for him more now , he retreats to his room for days he has severe bouts of depression, with that his hygeine is appauling, his room is a tip, he just sits there with his curtains closed , i feel i am nagging him all the time to do this do that, when he does venture out he goes by taxi, wont walk anywere for fear of seeing people he knows, and dosent know how to react or respond to people, thats not good for a 19 year old lad

im thinking would it be worth putting in for dla again , the least bit of money would at least cover his taxi fares ,i feel he still needs help

Has he seen his GP recently?

If his GP (or whoever he would be referred to) decided that he needed caring for then you might be able to claim something for him.

Failing that, has your son applied for the benefits for himself?

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Depends on his care needs and whether you would get anything for being his carer.

Is he working or on JSA or ESA?

You'd probably get low rate mobility for DLA but I'm not sure how/whether you'd get any care or carer component?

Looking on your council website or approaching you local benefits advice/welfare rights services would be able to tell you more and assist with the applications.

Whatever you chose being a Mental Health problem it is always advisable to get help with and for somebody other than the claimant to fill in the application forms.

at 19 he is now an adult, many grow out of adhd and according to the NHS website by the age of 25 those who were diagnosed with adhd in childhood only 15% have the symptoms.

your son maybe one of the 15% or he may not, but what you describe your son to be like seems typical of teenagers, mine would also wallow in their bedrooms with mouldy pizzas under the bed, rotten food and bedroom fit for a piglet, (trust me my sons room looks like this at the moment but he's big enough to do it himself, although i nag also).

I made my son get a job, he joined agency's, i took him to them and made sure he signed up, he didn't want to work, would rather wallow in his pit, but it has been the making of him, fair enough the jobs arnt great, but he works and now understands that things arnt for free.

my son was diagnosed as having learning difficulty's at school, things are a little harder for him than the average guy on the street, he also at times finds it difficult to interact with others, but he does, i made him do it, at first he had no choice, but its been the best thing that's happened to him.

sometimes they need a kick up the behind for their own good, adhd or no adhd he is capable of working and it may be a good thing for him, if theirs no work in your area try to get him to volunteer in something, but please dont let him wallow in his room, i think we would all be depressed if we all did that.

i hope things work out