shuttleworths vets

littlemissme
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

a few months back i had to take my dog to the vet due to tummy problems, over 2 weeks i went every other day with her

first off she was just given some meds without a really good check up i may add

meds waste of time tummy still not good, was seen by 3 vets in my 2 week visits, only the 3rd vet got nto the real problem, may i just add i took insurance out on her as i thought it might be well needed

after an endoscopy, meds xrays scans, and £700 later.

and to add to the misery, the insurance company never paid a penny back ,they stated that her illness was ongoing for the same problem ,before i took the insurance out

i beg to differ as she was being treated for pancreatitis, by the first 2 vets, the third vet actually found the real problem and gave me a diagnosis of larynx poralasis, which was not mentioned prior to this 3rd vetenarian putting the camera down, so i thought i stood a chance of getting at least some of the funding from insurance more than,

no they say all ailments are all linked

i may hasten to add my dog is no better from the day i walked in the vet , i feel rather cheated somewere along the line

i wonder if anybody could tell me what they think much appreciated

a few months back i had to take my dog to the vet due to tummy problems, over 2 weeks i went every other day with her

first off she was just given some meds without a really good check up i may add

meds waste of time tummy still not good, was seen by 3 vets in my 2 week visits, only the 3rd vet got nto the real problem, may i just add i took insurance out on her as i thought it might be well needed

after an endoscopy, meds xrays scans, and £700 later.

and to add to the misery, the insurance company never paid a penny back ,they stated that her illness was ongoing for the same problem ,before i took the insurance out

i beg to differ as she was being treated for pancreatitis, by the first 2 vets, the third vet actually found the real problem and gave me a diagnosis of larynx poralasis, which was not mentioned prior to this 3rd vetenarian putting the camera down, so i thought i stood a chance of getting at least some of the funding from insurance more than,

no they say all ailments are all linked

i may hasten to add my dog is no better from the day i walked in the vet , i feel rather cheated somewere along the line

i wonder if anybody could tell me what they think much appreciated

When I took out pet insurance for my cat it stated I couldn't claim until a month had passed. I think this is so you can't claim for an illness that has already started. Which means on the first year of the policy she was only covered for 11 months. There is a bit of a cheat going on somewhere.

LT

The 3rd diagnosis does seem to be for a different condition, Laryngeal paralysis does not list stomach problems as a symptom, although gagging is a sign. To me the 3rd diagnosis could not be confused with the symptoms presented by pancreatisis, so is possibly another problem highlighted by the endoscope.

If the endoscope was done in the search for the cause of the stomach problems, then this procedure would be classed as required by an ongoing condition, ni insurance cover would pay out for that. However any future costs due to the larynx problem should well be paid for. I think it is clear you need to get the vet to confirm the larynx paralysis is not causing the stomach problem (assuming the dog is experiencing diarrorhea etc)

hi thanks for repling , you seem keyed up with this situation, since posting my post , i have taken my dog to an emergency vets over the weekend , she was poo ing ,vomiting and b;ood in both, while i was there i asked the vet who examined my dog if larynx poralosis was an cause by her tummy problems, he too couldnt tell me cos he didnt know , but said to ask an expert , but who do i ask , i thought a vet would have the answer