Original Terms & Conditions of MBNA Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone hold a copy of the T&C on an MBNA Credit Card between 1996 - 1998?

Or is there an online archive where I can find the aforementioned document?

Failing that, does anyone know if when a debt is sold that the interest on the debt be frozen at that point?

I received a letter from a DCA stating that they have purchased an account of mine (some years ago now) but after further checking it would appear that the DCA do not hold a copy of the original t&c and yet they have applied interest to my account.

Hi.......you say DCA purchased your debt some years ago,How long ago????? and have you made any payments??????The interest can be applied when a debt is sold depends on which DCA pond life has purchased your debt,if you fill in the blanks I am sure we can help............all the very best....FS

Sorry, I should have been a little clearer. There is no issue with statute barred, I have been paying them. It is just that I have obtained some information via my Subject Access Request and part of this is there is a letter stating that they purchased the debt way back in xxxx

My concern is that they have appplied interest where they should not of and at the same time as this I would like to see a copy of the original terms and conditions of the original credit agreement to see if there was any provision for interest to be charged once they the original creditor had sold the account on to DCA.

At this point I do not wish to divulge who the DCA are, I have a few matters ongoing with dcas' this is just one of them.

I cannot quite understand how a dca can first say they have purchased a debt and then go on to say that if I want a copy of the original credit agreement that I need to apply to the original creditor? To me, if the DCA is charging interest then they should be able to provide a copy of the agreement and the individual terms applicable to me from that agreeement, afterall, they have purchased the debt but the Subject Access shows no trace of this document.

Send them this;

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Assuming they have already received your CCA request.