YES car credit and Go Debt HELP!

MJ-82
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Im really sorry if this is in the wrong place! I stupidly got a car through YCC back in 2003 with my husband. We were told we HAD to take the PPI and GAP insurances or we would NOT get the car so we took them.

We were also told that after paying back HALF the owed amount we could either hand the car back OR get a newer car. We chose to hand the car back after paying HALF the owed amount over 2 years.

Then the letters started saying we had to pay almost £2000 as we still eeded to pay for the full 4 years of insurances even though they had re sold the car and we didnt have it!

I never gave them another penny and would periodically hear from them periodically get threatening letters from them and then go debt.

However Im worried as I now own my own home and they have started again and are saying if i dont pay they will make me bankrupt and im worried I will lose my home.

Also I have heard people on forums mention charging order - what is that??

I havent ever been to a solicitor or anything - im not sure I could afford one to be honest. I have 2 young children and am gettig very worried we will lose everything.

Please can someone help me? We dont have any of the original agreements or anything. We have aso been told that if we pay them £500 they will write the rest off.

Oh and I am in Scotland too.

Firstly Stop worrying and definately DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY.

You need to get sight of the original agreement and the T&C.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter. Send with a £1 postal order by recorded delivery and do not sign it.

Most of the agreements that these cretins issued are not worth the paper they are written on, you will find lots of threads on this forum about them.

Mainly because of hidden broker fees and insurance.

You are NOT going to lose anything so relax, you have found CAG now, you are in charge of the situation.

Chances are you will be in a position to get the insurance refunded as you were miss sold it .

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Thanks for that. But how do I prove that i was miss sold it?

Go Debt have been calling my familysaying they need to contact me with an urgent legal matter trying to get my details - no-one has given them any info.

So i called and explained I had been miss sold the ppi and she sid "prove it" and said she had the signed contract in front of her which I signed - so I said prove it. She said "we have cctv so I said well there is my evidence as it will prove I was told i HAD to take it - she said I would need to provide evidence myself and that when they took me to court I wouldnt even have a chance to provide evidence as I had signed the contract??

I have no idea what happens in these situations at all. But I will try and get a copy of the agreement. Thanks.

Stop listening to the LIARS. send the letter as above and I am sure postgi will be along soon, he seems to be the expert on these type of agreements. Don't call them again as they will tell you anything just to part you from your money...

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Thank you so much. I have requested a copy of the agreement several times and they tell me they are not allowed by law to send these in the post but they must meet with me in person - of course I told them to get lost!

Why do they do this? Ask to meet in person I mean?

I have just printed of a copy of the above and will send it off - thanks.

Stop talking to them on the phone, don't rush in blind without all the facts, giving them squirming room

You was missold it because you didn't have to have it.

Send the request as above

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Thank you so much. I have requested a copy of the agreement several times and they tell me they are not allowed by law to send these in the post but they must meet with me in person - of course I told them to get lost!

Why do they do this? Ask to meet in person I mean?

I have just printed of a copy of the above and will send it off - thanks.

Total rubbish, they probably don't have one or know that what they have is Un-enforceable, they have 12+2 days to comply, so sit back and relax and do nothing. If they call you just say everything in writing and hang up, tell them nothing

OK - I haven't spoken to them for a few weeks as they dont have my phone number (I changed it) and I only called them to get them to stop calling my family.

I REALLY HATE THEM!!

Will post again once I get a response and hopefully I can get help with the next step. Cheers.

sorry didnt realise we had another godebt ycc problem...have you had or got the agreement? this was a crafty pulled by ycc by misstating the amount of credit that you had..so in effect when you handed the vehicle back after 2 years you found you were still 1000's in debt...the agreement by the way is utterly unenforceable in law..and godebt has lost every bankruptcy hearing we have been involved in so far....let us know when you hear from the cretins and we will take it from there