HELP pls., CDCS wouldn't send me a letter of confirmation

tbilisi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everybody,

4 weeks ago I've arranged a reduced final settlement with CDCS for my Barclays overdraft, which they reluctantly accepted over the phone.

I asked them to acknowledge everything in writing so that I could make a payment to them.

4 weeks passed, but I still haven't received anything from them (which is unusual as I would always receive their threatening letter before).

I called them a few times (they usually are very rude!!! :mad:) to check the status of this case. Each time they tell me that the letter was sent out to me.

If I transfer the arranged amount without any confirmation that they have accepted my offer, will they come back later and chase me for the remaining amount? How can I prove anything without any agreement in writing?

Are they playing with me? Why wouldn’t they send the letter confirmation?

Anyway, who are these people? I’ve never heard of them before. When I called them they say “welcome to Barclays”. So I assume it’s some kind of internal debt collection agency within the Barclays bank.[/font]

Is it only me or it's just a usual game they play with their customers? But why would they, I told them that I wouldn’t transfer any amount without them acknowledging the settlement terms.

Are they playing with me?

Why wouldn’t they send the letter confirmation?

Any response would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks from your kind help.

xxx

:D

Also, 4 times I asked them to make a note of the current conversation so that next time they know about this case, but they never do/did, hence each time I have to explain them everything from scratch.

HI Tbilisi,

This is one reason why it's always best to deal with matters in writing although I appreciate you are trying to get them to do this.

You are right to be cautious here. There's a chance that you could pay the amount that CDCS say will clear the debt, but then find the balance has only been reduced. They could then come back saying you owe more.

Write to Barclays as follows:-

Dear sir or madam,

Account no. xxxx xxxx

I refer to several telephone conversations (on xx date, xx date and xxdate) with CDCS concerning the overdrawn account balance of £xxxx.

CDCS agreed in our conversations that they would accept the sum of £xxxx in full and final settlement of the balance but they have failed to confirm the agreement in writing, despite several request for them to do this.

I therefore now write to you to confirm my offer to pay £xxxx in full and final settlement of the debt on the understanding that the balance will be written off and Barclays or your representative DCA's will not pursue the balance.

I require that the debt be shown on any CRA records as satisfied.

I also require confirmation from you that the balance after the settlement payment will not be sold on to another party to collect in the future.

Please reply within 14 days so this matter can be resolved.

Yours faithfully,

Send a copy to CDCS and use Recorded Del'y for both letters.

:)

My original response to this was incorrect as I thought it was a credit card a/c.

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

slick132

Sorry for the late response. As I was out all day yesterday.

Thank you sooooo much for your post, much appreciated, but I didn't quite get the last sentence (in red). Should I or should I not send the letter which you posted earlier?

Many thanks.

:D

Sorry if I confused you.

When I first answered your post, I did so wrongly.

So I then amended my reply and you should follow my advice as shown above.

Send off the letters and let us know how they respond.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Sorry if I confused you.

When I first answered your post, I did so wrongly.

So I then amended my reply and you should follow my advice as shown above.

Send off the letters and let us know how they respond.

slick132

:-)

Thank you. So, I'm going to send this letter and see what happpens.

Hopefully everything will be settled soon.

Many thanks for your kind advice.

:-)