style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:???::???:Bristow and Sutor 'levied' on my car

This evening, a representative of B & S arrived at my home while I was putting my daughter to bed, at approx 8.40. I spoke to him thru the window, and made it clear that I would never ever let him in.

He said he would go and do some paperwork in the car, and post it thru my letterbox. My car is on my drive, its a 51 astra, and is about to blow up. the piston heads and head gasket have virtually died, but the car is going off to be repaired v soon, by my daughters grandparents. I am using my friends car to get to work - daughter to childcare etc, which is parked over the road. Should I move my astra?? was just about to sorn it anyway..

Firstly, I have 2 cases outstanding for B & S for council tax.

Which I would like to know how i go about disputing fees on, as when they first came, they left one letter, with one ref no. on, but charged 2 1st visit fees. The same for the second visit. I have a Breakdownlink3.gif of their fees they sent me which shows they did this, am sure this is illegal??

Secondly, the man that came tonite, after trying to cajole me into opening the door, has left one "Notice of seizurelink3.gif of goods" with one ref number, with one amount on it, with a memorandum of amounts due, with the old 2 cases lumped together as one, with a levylink3.gif fee, and what I can only assume is a new case with a 1st visit fee AND a levy fee??? I am up to date with my current council tax!!!

Then there is an "Inventory of goods seized" where he has listed my car, with tax disc number and everything. I really don't know what to do, am a single mum and am terrified. I am working, have done all my life apart from a few months when the recession hit. Starting to earn ok money, but have serious rent arrears and trying to get my head above water on all my other debts too... (PS B & S think I am on income support :wink:) The amounts just keep going up and up, no matter how much I have paid them, it all seems to be swallowed up in fees.. can anybody help me????? please????????????

. Should I move my astra?? was just about to sorn it anyway..

If it not on a public road then SORN it if needed, Disable the handbrake, remove the tax disc and number plates then lock the car. Remove the wheels and fix a locking wheelnut to the vacant axle stub to stop anyone putting a replacement wheel to allow it to be lifted using a lorry-mounted crane or towing it.

. Firstly, I have 2 cases outstanding for B & S for council tax.

Which I would like to know how i go about disputing fees on, as when they first came, they left one letter, with one ref no. on, but charged 2 1st visit fees. The same for the second visit. I have a Breakdownlink3.gif of their fees they sent me which shows they did this, am sure this is illegal??

The bailiffs fees are 24.50. The bailiff can charge reasonable costs for a levy but if the costs are not explained then its NIL. If the bailiff has not physically moved any levied goods then fee is again, NIL

. Secondly, the man that came tonite, after trying to cajole me into opening the door, has left one "Notice of seizurelink3.gif of goods" with one ref number, with one amount on it, with a memorandum of amounts due, with the old 2 cases lumped together as one, with a levylink3.gif fee, and what I can only assume is a new case with a 1st visit fee AND a levy fee??? I am up to date with my current council tax!!!

Council tax bailiffs dont normally levy on cars, its parking ticket bailiffs that target cars.

. Then there is an "Inventory of goods seized" where he has listed my car, with tax disc number and everything. I really don't know what to do, am a single mum and am terrified. I am working, have done all my life apart from a few months when the recession hit. Starting to earn ok money, but have serious rent arrears and trying to get my head above water on all my other debts too... (PS B & S think I am on income support :wink:)

The bailiff may be required to withdraw from your property and enforcement action cease: > http://www.dca.gov.uk/enforcement/agents02.htm#part10

. The amounts just keep going up and up, no matter how much I have paid them, it all seems to be swallowed up in fees.. can anybody help me????? please????????????

The bailiffs have been taken you for a mug. The fee is £24.50. You might want to ask the council for a refund of the fees and contact the Local Government Ombudsman if the council doesnt cooperate.

Professional property investor and conveyancer

If the car doesnt work, advise the bailiff in writing (and copy the letter to the council) that the car is worthless, if he's then stupid enough to take it and it doesnt cover his costs then its his hard luck. Alternatively if the car is beyond economic repair call the bailiff's bluff and tell him to remove the car, then see if he complies.