style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This evening, a representative of B & S arrived at my home while I was putting my daughter to bed, at approx 8.40. I spoke to him thru the window, and made it clear that I would never ever let him in.

He said he would go and do some paperwork in the car, and post it thru my letterbox. My car is on my drive, its a 51 astra, and is about to blow up. the piston heads and head gasket have virtually died, but the car is going off to be repaired v soon, by my daughters grandparents. I am using my friends car to get to work - daughter to childcare etc, which is parked over the road. Should I move my astra?? was just about to sorn it anyway..

Firstly, I have 2 cases outstanding for B & S for council tax.

Which I would like to know how i go about disputing fees on, as when they first came, they left one letter, with one ref no. on, but charged 2 1st visit fees. The same for the second visit. I have a breakdown of their fees they sent me which shows they did this, am sure this is illegal??

Secondly, the man that came tonite, after trying to cajole me into opening the door, has left one "Notice of seizure of goods" with one ref number, with one amount on it, with a memorandum of amounts due, with the old 2 cases lumped together as one, with a levy fee, and what I can only assume is a new case with a 1st visit fee AND a levy fee??? I am up to date with my current council tax!!!

Then there is an "Inventory of goods seized" where he has listed my car, with tax disc number and everything. I really don't know what to do, am a single mum and am terrified. I am working, have done all my life apart from a few months when the recession hit. Starting to earn ok money, but have serious rent arrears and trying to get my head above water on all my other debts too... (PS B & S think I am on income support ;)) The amounts just keep going up and up, no matter how much I have paid them, it all seems to be swallowed up in fees.. can anybody help me????? please????????????

Do you know how many Liability Orders you have? Do you know how much you owe on each? Don't believe what the Bailiff has said about amounts. Ring the Council in the morning and ask:

1 - how many Liability Orders there are

2 - what periods of time they each cover

3 - how much each one was for

4 - how much is still outstanding on each

If you have a breakdown of the charges the Bailiff has applied are you able to quote them here or scan - remove all personal details. Start with these and we'll tackle the levy on the car later - I'm assuming you didn't tell him it is a non-runner.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I get child tax credits and working tax credits - and single person discount on my c-tax. I didn't tell him its a non-runner... I didnt talk to him other than to tell him I won't let him in, now or ever...

No illness or disability that I am aware of, sorry.. :o)

Will dig out the previous paperwork re: breakdown, but todays reads as follows:

Council Tax ref no ( one ref no) £491.36

first visit fee incurred on (no date) £24.50

levy fee £41.00

Council Tax ref no ( one ref no, the old one, which is actually 2 years worth) £600

Levy fee £44.00

(1st and second visit on this one were done ages ago, this is the one letter - one ref no - two 1st visit and 2nd visit fees) I made agreement to pay by the 4th of each month £30, which I have stuck to, every month, so do not understand why he has been today???)

PS it says I have 5 days. Is that 5 working days??? or just 5 days then they remove my car?? car isn't quite a non-runner, garage said it could go 2 miles, 20 miles or longer, but would blow up quite soon. it is driveable, should i move it to hide it??

I get child tax credits and working tax credits - and single person discount on my c-tax. I didn't tell him its a non-runner... I didnt talk to him other than to tell him I won't let him in, now or ever...

No illness or disability that I am aware of, sorry.. :o)

Will dig out the previous paperwork re: breakdown, but todays reads as follows:

Council Tax ref no ( one ref no) £491.36

first visit fee incurred on (no date) £24.50

levy fee £41.00

Council Tax ref no ( one ref no, the old one, which is actually 2 years worth) £600

Levy fee £44.00

(1st and second visit on this one were done ages ago, this is the one letter - one ref no - two 1st visit and 2nd visit fees) I made agreement to pay by the 4th of each month £30, which I have stuck to, every month, so do not understand why he has been today???)

Sounds as if they have a 3rd Order. Really they should date when charges are applied so think it may be in your best interests to chase this up - by the sounds of things it looks as if they are over the top with their charges.

Essentially your car is only worth scrap until repaired - possibly only worth £50 max at auction in its present state. However if they are serious about removing it, it must realise enough to pay:

Removal fees

Bailiff fees

Auction fees

Auctioneer fees

Proportion of the debt owing

Therefore you can ask for the levy to be removed on the above basis or you will submit a Complaint against the Council to the Magistrates Court. You will also need to make the point that in view of the circumstances of your vehicle you can argue that failure to remove the levy and associated fees leads you to think they have gained a financial advantage for the Bailiff and his Company.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PS it says I have 5 days. Is that 5 working days??? or just 5 days then they remove my car?? car isn't quite a non-runner, garage said it could go 2 miles, 20 miles or longer, but would blow up quite soon. it is driveable, should i move it to hide it??

Straight 5 days, see previous post about car. Do not move it or hide it as barring the argument over its worth it is legally his now. He doesn't actually want to remove the car but uses this as a lever hoping you will cough for the cash.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account. Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

Use & adapt this for your own use, send it to the Bailiffs by both email & post using Signed For. You need to establish exactly what charges have been made.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Therefore you can ask for the levy to be removed on the above basis or you will submit a Complaint against the Council to the Magistrates Court. You will also need to make the point that in view of the circumstances of your vehicle you can argue that failure to remove the levy and associated fees leads you to think they have gained a financial advantage for the bailifflink3.gif and his Company.

How do i go about this?? who do i ask the levy to be removed by?? the council or B & S???

Hi staffslass,

As PT points out you're a single parent which may - under certain circumstances - help you with your bailiff infestation.

I note you're in receipt of various benefits. Could I just ask how many hours you work? Is it national minimum wage or thereabouts? And how old your child / children are? And also bear in mind that the health of the household is yourself and your children.

Best wishes

Rae

How do i go about this?? who do i ask the levy to be removed by?? the council or B & S???

Initially ask the Bailiffs to remove the levy and associated charges as the car only has scrap value. They'll probably refuse in which case you escalate it further - more on that after this stage.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]