Thomas Cook non service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Went into Thomas Cook today to book a holiday for 2010, there was only one member of the public there and was seen by a advisor. There was 2 other advisor there, I was told to sit and she would be with after she had finished what she was doing on her computer, whcih would only take a couple of minutes. There was another advisor there, but she did not offer to assist me and stated to talk to the person behind bureau exchange counter.

After looking at brochure booklets for about 15 minutes I asked the person on the computer if she was going to help me. She said I will not be able to help you as I got a lot of work to do. I said OK I will go then, went outside for a walk around the shops and went back again. The same person was still there on the computer at her desk and the other person that was talking to the person at the bureau counter was at her desk talking on the phone. I asked the person again if she was going to assist me she said I am still busy and there is another person now waiting before you…..I said thank you very much and left. I had travel 12 stops on the tube to get to that travel agency thanks Thomas Cook.

On my way home I thought, if this is how Thomas Cook treats people before they take their money can you imagine the service I would get after they have taken my money.... NONE.

I think I was luck not have book there as they are not interested in giving a service to the public. Will go to other agency tomorrow and hope I will have better service there….

.:cool:

Just cancelled a holiday with Thomas Cook, and will NEVER deal with them again unless they have a very attractive offer.

We have found that the best way to book a holiday now is online, and have found a couple of online firms that treated us really well, depending on where you want to go.

You were lucky I think. My mother-in-law was due to fly to The Dominican in January with Thomas Cook, it was all paid for. They sent her a letter a couple of weeks ago saying that due to underbooking, her holiday had been brought forward a week. It did not have the new date on the letter, so she had to ring them. Low and behold, her new filght date and time was 6.30am New Years Day.

After she explained to Thomas Cook the added expence of triple time taxi's etc they gave her a full refund!

She has now booked to go to Kenya in February and is taking us with her :D

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Just cancelled a holiday with Thomas Cook, and will NEVER deal with them again unless they have a very attractive offer.

We have found that the best way to book a holiday now is online, and have found a couple of online firms that treated us really well, depending on where you want to go.

You were lucky I think. My mother-in-law was due to fly to The Dominican in January with Thomas Cook, it was all paid for. They sent her a letter a couple of weeks ago saying that due to underbooking, her holiday had been brought forward a week. It did not have the new date on the letter, so she had to ring them. Low and behold, her new filght date and time was 6.30am New Years Day.

After she explained to Thomas Cook the added expence of triple time taxi's etc they gave her a full refund!

She has now booked to go to Kenya in February and is taking us with her :D

I have onyl had bad experiences with them

Technology does not drive change -- it enables change

• 2 weeks later...

DO NOT BOOK WITH THOMAS COOK EVER !!!

My partner and I have just come back from a holiday in Kos. The return flight was supposed to arrive at NEWCASTLE at 8am on Friday morning. We arrived at Midnight on Friday night at MANCHESTER along with a plainfull of people who were supposed to land at GATWICK. This is after a 20 hours ordeal where Thomas Cook carted us around between airport and hotels where we were phobed off with 'free' lunches with no airconditioning and a temperature of 40o Celsius and finally a frozen burger that you wouldn't feed to a dog (take into account that we had to check out of the hotel on Thursday morning). We were then supposed to take coaches to our final destinations, which would have made us arrive 24hrs later than expected, with no sleep, substandard food, no airconditioning and no showers! My partner and I bolted to the nearest hotel as soon as we landed and left the next day by train. Unfortunately other people didn't have the luxury of doing this, and there were families with young children, senior citizens etc ... People who lived in Scotland and had booked trains and were due to go back to work et c.

When we tried to arrange alternative travel with Thomas Cook we were flatly told that we would have to pay for the full price of the flight back. Needless to say Thomas Cook staff were EXTREMELY RUDE throughout the whole process. Passengers stuck together and one woman helpfully collected emails and collectively we are going to make life as difficult as possible for THOMAS COOK. Companies just cannot treat their customers with such contempt and think they can get away with it. Make them as much bad publicity as possible, they do not deserve to get any custom!