djrichie_t

Is there a 'Cooling Off Period'

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3657 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I went to start a new business venture but am currently having doubts regarding the premises I wanted to move into. (long story)

Anyway... I ordered the landline/phone package from BT last week (tuesday) and today the engineer came to fit the phone line.

Is there like a standard 14 day cooling off period that has to apply to these packages? Its this one i took out...

Unlimited Business Broadband & Phone Line from BT Business

Just wanted to know if I was safe to cancel, or even out 'on hold' for a couple of months.

Cheers :)

Distance selling regulations act applies to consumers, I don't believe it applies to business services (although I could be wrong), and that is generally 7 working days.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Locutus is correct - The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 applies to contracts between a consumer and and business, contracts between two businesses i.e your business and BT are not covered by this regulation.

If BT have chosen to offer a cooling off period then it should be detailed in any documents you've received from them.

If the engineer turned up, there is no 'cooling off' permitted. It doesn;t allow customers to change their mind after work has commenced as part of the provsioning process. What usually happens is that NOTHING will happen until a week passes (the cooling off period) or if a waiver is provided to permit an earlier activation.

As others have pointed out cooling off is a consumer 'feature' and not usually applicable to business customers.