ynot420

Ltsb Reply......ppi Sold By Different Company??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3657 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have held 2 loans with LTSB

(1) taken out in 2005 in a branch for £2000 over 2 years

(2) taken out in 2006 over the internet for £1500 over 3 years

I contacted LTSB by phone on 29/07 and lodged a complaint for the mis-selling of PPI for both loans, it took quite a while to lodge the complaints in the correct place as each loan was taken out with a different dept.

I have received 2 letters back today (03/08)

The letter for loan (1) confirms the receipt of the complaint and informs me they will be investigating in the next 8 weeks and that they'll reply initially within 4 weeks, I'm guessing this is the standard reply and in line with FOS procedure.

the letter for loan (2) is much more confusing, in this correspondence they inform me that the insurance policy i "took out" was originally sold by a company that is not part of the LTSB banking group, the name of the company is the Personal Loan Service Centre (electronic data systems).

Obviously this must be because that loan was taken on the web, is there any precedent for PPI returns on web based contracts, or indeed this second company? there is no sign of them anywhere on the internet.

any help or advice would be very helpful.

update....

in todays post i recieved a further letter concerning loan (1), they have offered a full refund of PPI payments, 8% interest on each payment and 8% of total paid. Very quick response, exactly a week from complaint.

lets see what they do for the other one.....

Hi Ynot,

Matters not who sold the PPI.

If Lloyds were collecting payments, it is them who are responsible for any refund due.

I suggest you write back to Lloyds stating the above and you request that they investigate your complaint in full, or else issue a full and final response. The full and final will allow you to refer this case to the Financial Ombudsman Service to investigate on your behalf.

Good luck

DJ

great, thanks DJ, I'll get that sent tomorrow.

TBF, they have been extremly helpful conserning loan (1), straight answers and very quick response.

Loan (2) seems to be much more complicated, no one seems t want to take responsibility for it.

Will it matter that i took the loan out over the internet?

i'll keep you updated as i hear more news, thanks again

Ynot,

Do not be blinded by what appears to be good service, especially by Lloyds. They could well be giving in on 1 loan with the hope you give up on the other.

Makes no difference whatsoever where you took the loan out, is Lloyds who are responsible for any refund.

Go get your money

DJ

I had a long phone call today, to confirm that complaint for loan (2) had been registered. It seems that there was a system error which meant my account was held by 2 departments. Yet again they were very helpful and now that it has been registered properly i should get a response in a few days.