Parking fine or fraud?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I recently checked my credit card statement and found a £75 charge for this.

G24 Parking Charge, Beaconsfield

Retailer name: G24 Parking Charge

Business type: Business Services, Not El

Town: Beaconsfield

Payment method: Telephone/Mail Order

PIN Used: No

I have not received any tickets through the post, and have definitely not made any payments to one. How could they charge my credit card with no warning or has someone falsely given them my details?

Thanks

Lewis.

No, I would not have a need to.

Even if I had incurred a penalty somehow how could they find and charge my credit card? I never use it for anything.

The card company were rather useless on the phone, I am none the wiser as to what has happened but should expect a letter from their investigations section in the next couple of days.

Sounds like fraud to me then. Some rental companies pass feed of the PPC scan and pay off the invoice and then charge against your card. get foirm with the CC co. a few days is unacceptable. this was an unauthorised charge,you were not present so no pin was given and no signature so how could the CC company have precessed it at all. they are covering their own backsides rather than dealing with the issues.