Lowell and Hamptons

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have previously posted about problems with lowell, see this thread. So I have sent them letters before asking for details of the debt, the debt is well over Statue Barred yet around this time every year I get a letter from some part of their group.

Todays letter is posted below,

scan0011-1.jpg

So this DCA has never ever answered any of my letters sent recorded delivery asking for proof of account and they simply ignore me for about 12 months to start again.

Any help and advice is appreiciated

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's Statute Barred send them this http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/599-letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred and if they continue to pursue complain to Trading Standards as they will be in breach of OFT guidelines, see page 9 http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Well this letter is now full of threats about charges against my property as a homeowner. they also sent me a statement of account today. This account is well over statue barred all letters sent to them by myself (recorded delivery) have been ignored and then a further 12 months down the line they start the ball rolling again.

scan0012.jpg

Both companies are known to chase statute barred debts, when will somebody wake up and realise the Debt Buyers and Sellers Group are villians and need closing down, all the directors should be barred from opening up other companies in the line and as for their pet 'solicitors for rent' there should be a special helpline set up where these abuses can be logged.

Hello! To continue the Lowells theme - can anyone explain to me why they would have searched my credit history at least TEN times in the past five months? The latest was 23 July (I had need to look at my credit report with Experian). Lowells have never sent me anything in writing, so clearly they haven't found what they think they're looking for. It's like they are lying in wait, ready to pounce! Is this quite a normal practice for this bunch of sleazeballs?

Report them to the Information Commissioners office and ask to have all the searches removed from your file, they will be doing this to make sure you have a low score and they are 'alerted' to any type of credit you are applying for, anything from a new mobile phone to a new fridge....

They did the same with my credit file & I don't have any debts let alone any association with those wassocks, unfortunately they are unrecorded searches otherwise I would have Andy's gonads on a plate but nevertheless I have made a complaint to the ICO.

Makes you think. There must be 40 millions plus credit records live on the CRA's database at the moment. Why make a search on a site team member of CAG ?

Is this a coincidence or do Lowells have access to your personal information?

I hope the ICO gets to the bottom of why the searches were made, as this does appear to be a clear breach of the DPA.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Is this a coincidence or do Lowells have access to your personal information?
I know more about them than they'll ever know about me. ;)

It's all to do with a financial association a bank registered on my credit file, an association which does not and has never existed and is now also subject to an ICO investigation.

Wheres James, He'll know what to do.......after all he does work for them.

50P bet that he will not respond to this thread,quite selective on which thread to post his wisdom on is james. and if he did would claim that he works for lowell and NOT hamptons.:lol::lol::lol:

Ten searches is way beyond any lowlife explanation, not even they could fabricate a valid response to that (even if not read by you) Complain to the ICO is a definite must..

50P bet that he will not respond to this thread,quite selective on which thread to post his wisdom on is james. and if he did would claim that he works for lowell and NOT hamptons.:lol::lol::lol:

And I thought he was a she? Although he/she still hasn't come back clarify this VERY IMPORTANT matter, of utmost URGENCY, you MUST respond this won't go away you know James/Samantha!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Since my last note, I've re-read my report, and it's actually FOURTEEN searches they've made since February!! They're going to have to really impress me with a reason for that little lot! Thanks for the link, Bazooka, I'll have a good look.

I've tried to have a look for the reference to carrying out so many searches on one account, as usual can't blooming find it, BUT, the people to make the complaint to is the ICO and the CRA for allowing, yet again, their bosom buddies to carry out so many unjustifiable searches, bloody scandalous.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hear, hear, Bazooka! I've filled out the online form with ICO, ready to send off. I noted that on the Experian report it says that these numerous searches are not released to potential lenders, but I'm not convinced, I'm afraid. It doesn't excuse Lowell's behaviour, either. Clearly, the staff at Lowell have nothing better to do with their time! I wonder, too, if they do it just to be downright nosy - a former colleague used to go into the allegedly confidential personnel records and look up things about people when she was bored!! No one liked her, funnily enough......

I have just sent off a letter of complaint to Lowell, asking why they have searched my record 14 times in the last 7 months, and asking them to stop doing it, or I will report them to the ICO (I've done that anyway!). I've asked them if they've confused themselves with a credit reference agency, and to reply within 7 days. My partner's not convinced that they'll cause us hassle, but I'm afraid I know better, so I'm prepared for some flak!

I'll be very surprised if these undesirables will reply, they have to find someone who can read first!