• Tweets

• Being objective, it could be that they accept you've cancelled the DD mandate and you can no longer access the gym.   But that does not rule out them arguing that you cancelled early or without the notice they require.   Let's not second guess though - let us know if they come after you for more, or if they let it rest.
    • I'm asking this as a result of a recent experience as i know some of you are really knowledgeable about disciplinarys. I know it's going to sound a bit cryptic but here goes.   So without giving too much away, if a local authority staff member is caught somewhere they should not be, doing something they should not be doing (usually a criminal record)  & when confronted by a member of the public tells that member of public to F' off, makes derogatory remarks about them, then on camera gives them the middle finger (all backed by witness statement), what sort of hope does that person have of retaining their job?   Clearly gross misconduct, but realistically is this survivable?
    • ROFL Says the person who almost exclusively just posts his unsupported 'opinion', ... which actually seem to come straight from Boris the Liars Puerile book of Populist Jingles (2nd edition) - but that is the populist way isn't it whether Russian troll bot or actual populist on a forum - point the finger of their own failings at others.     Back to reality: People just have to google 'Johnson foreigner lies' to get swamped with examples,   - or just 'Johnson lies' to get his divisive hate and division peddling on everything  racist/foreigner bashing/ misogynistic/the list goes on .. peddling to name but a few.   Heres just a couple of examples from literally thousands across the world: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/37-lies-gaffes-scandals-make-18558695   https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6?r=US&IR=T   https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-brexit-middle-east-priti-patel-israel-balfour-robert-fisk-a9030356.html   https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/06/24/the-empty-promise-of-boris-johnson   Now your turn to catch up supporting your many 'opinion' posts Mr unsupported populist opinionist. .. .. A little help: Try googling 'boris Johnson competent' oops that  wont help you.      
    • I had some good news on this yesterday as the dealer refunded me in full. This wasn't without a fight though and he was digging his heels in. I did mention my rights several times and dismissed his claims regarding a warranty.   I was due to drop it off at his mechanics yesterday but they were closed until Monday. He said he would get the issues fixed before reselling it. I've checked this morning and the car is listed back on Autotrader. It's obvious they don't care.   Thanks all to helped on here.
    • So if this is a claim for all losses including your uninsured losses I am not sure why you would not be assisting. The court claim in your name as you are the party looking to recover losses as a result of the accident. The Insurers or their legal people will do all of the work.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
citybloke

Help - Goldfish credit card PPI - Who to write to?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3083 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I had a Goldfish credit card up to approx 2007 and I want to reclaim PPI as I was self-employed.

It seems Goldfish as it was doesn't exist anymore and was sold to Barclaycard I think.

Do I submit my claim to Barclaycard for Goldfish related claims?

Thanks

Citybloke

n/a

What do you mean by 'n/a' ?

Hi city

Your claim would be with Discovery Financial Sevices, which was spun off by Morgan Stanley

Discover Financial Services

This explains the history of Goldfish,

Barclays buys troubled Goldfish as US firm says the UK is too tough | Business | The Guardian

I suppose you could contact Barclaycard and see what they say, they bought Goldfish in 2008.

Edited by rebel11

your complaint should be addressed to the company who miss sold the product, not the current owner of Goldfish. I suggest you send a SAR to the current owners of Goldfish who I believe is Barclays, this should provide you with a copy of your original credit agreement, which should show the date your account was opened.

You will then be able to work out who owned Goldfish when you opened the account, and therefore who to complain to :D

sorry if this sounds like you are going around the houses, but if you determine now exactley who to complain to it will save you time in the long run. Otherwise they will just give you the run around.

i won against Goldfish 3 years ago, so it can be done :)

good luck!

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

Cheers for the advice all.

I have all my Goldfish statements, so I know exactly what was taken in PPI and the interest rate on the credit card.

I will write to Barclays staking my claim and ask them who I should contact if they say it's not their responsibility.

Citybloke

Cheers Rebel11 - Will update when i get a response.

Had my Goldfish credit card PPI mis-selling complaint upheld by Barclaycard last December and returned signed acceptance form 1st week of December 2011 but still no money!

I've phoned Barclaycard a few times now and they say the exact same thing every time, which is they cannot give me any idea on timescales and they have a big backlog.

I called the FOS and they said I could make a complaint about this to the FOS, but the FOS would have to give Barclaycard 8 weeks to deal with my complaint.

It seems Barclaycard can just take as long as they want!

Anyone else had recent issues getting refunds from Barclaycard?

Thanks - Citybloke

Edited by citybloke

Hi

Lloyds are playing the same game sadly.

Maybe an lba would jolt them into coughing up.

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi ims...was thinking of the LBA route, but I would then have to follow through with the court action if they didn't pay up by the LBA date or would look weak if i didn't go through with my 'threat' of court action.

Do you happen to know how long a case takes to be heard once it has been submitted to the county court? It's not like they can dispute the money is owed lol as they have made the offer and i think 2 months is more than ample time to process the refund.

Cheers

Citybloke

Hi

Lloyds are playing the same game sadly.

Maybe an lba would jolt them into coughing up.

ims

Hi ims...was thinking of the LBA route, but I would then have to follow through with the court action if they didn't pay up by the LBA date or would look weak if i didn't go through with my 'threat' of court action.

Do you happen to know how long a case takes to be heard once it has been submitted to the county court? It's not like they can dispute the money is owed lol as they have made the offer and i think 2 months is more than ample time to process the refund.

Cheers

Citybloke

Hi

I think it would depend on how busy your court is.

You may find that they pay up before getting to court....when you think about it, how could they defend? They have made an offer which, I assume, you have formally accepted, and they haven't paid.

Otherwise there's no telling how long you'll wait. The only good thing is that the 8% interest is mounting up

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi

I think it would depend on how busy your court is.

You may find that they pay up before getting to court....when you think about it, how could they defend? They have made an offer which, I assume, you have formally accepted, and they haven't paid.

Otherwise there's no telling how long you'll wait. The only good thing is that the 8% interest is mounting up

ims

Still no payment from Barclaycard and they still insist that they cannot give any date or approximate timescale for making my refund when I phoned them again. So as it's now been 2 months since they received my acceptance form, I think it's time to send a LBA. It's not a path i really wanted to or expected to have to go down, but i can't wait indefinitely with their arrogance of not giving me any indication of when i'm likely to receive my refund...not even a rough indication.

Citybloke

I was pondering what to do about this non payment of refund from Barclaycard and found the email address for their CEO, so dropped him a polite but firm email stating how long I had been waiting since I returned the offer acceptance letter and that I would have little option other than to go to the county court process as Barclaycard have stated they are not willing/unable to give me any indication of when i would receive the refund.

2 days later.....money paid direct to my bank account!! a coincedence i wonder or did they get told by the CEOs office to sort it!

Hi Citybloke

I am in a similar position to you, had a Morgan Stanley C.Card, which then went to Goldfish and then onto Barclaycard in 2007.

Just about to start my claim to re-coup my PPI payments; being told by Barclaycard nothing to do with them, I need to contact AXA Insurers directly.

I know my claim is with Barclays, not AXA, wondering if you had any of this nonsense from Barclaycad.

Heartening to hear of your success, well done.

Bubbsie

Hello Just a qestion regards Goldfish card. I had mine in 2003 and wish to start my claim. Do you have the address for who i write to ,to find who now has my account details. thank you for your help.