Sure Start Maternity Grant

preg mum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello, i'v been on long term incapacity benefit for quite a bit now, i'm a pregnant mum and want to apply for sure start maturnity grant, but the qualifing entilements dont include IB, just the newer benefit employment and support allowance, is this the same??? can i tick that box ? very confusing, please help, thanks preg mum!

No, it's not the same. If Incapacity Benefit is your only benefit, you won't qualify for the SSMG.

Do you receive a top up of Income Support with your IB, or is it just IB you get?

Do you get Child Tax Credit? If so, do you get more than £547.50 per year?

If not, do you get Working tax credit with an attached disability element?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Not tax credit altogether - just the child tax credit itself has to be higher than £547.50 for the tax year, if it is then you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit. Couple other things to ask:

will you be 29 weeks before April??

Are you receiving help/advice from a healthcare professional - for example, do you see a midwife/Dr in regard to your pregnancy?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

Then providing the child tax credit itself is above £547.50 for the tax year, you can apply from week 29 of pregnancy - don't forget to get your midwife to complete the health professional's declaration (and input her UKCC pin number on the declaration) - it should be at the back of the form.

All Sure Start Maternity Grant claims are now dealt with at Wembley Benefit Delivery Centre. The address is:

Wembley BDC

PO BOX 110

London

SW95 9EA.

Do you need me to attach the SSMG application form to the post, or do you have one?

She can complete it then, but don't send it till you are 29 weeks (this is the earliest they can pay - 11 weeks before the expected date of confinement).

The form is attached to my post - you can print it out and complete it. I forgot to ask - are any of your current children under the age of 1 year?

Have you applied for the healthy in pregnancy grant yet?

sf100_print.pdf