Postcode Loading a question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter has just moved into a flat and is still in the same postcode area as previously. Today she called her car insurance company to advise them of her new address and was astounded to be told that her policy would be increased by £30 per month this equates to a 66% increase. While I understand that different areas attract different loadings because of the increased risk what I cant understand is why an address in the same postcode area would or even could bring an increase. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Dont let the parasite dca's prosper

My daughter has just moved into a flat and is still in the same postcode area as previously. Today she called her car insurance company to advise them of her new address and was astounded to be told that her policy would be increased by £30 per month this equates to a 66% increase. While I understand that different areas attract different loadings because of the increased risk what I cant understand is why an address in the same postcode area would or even could bring an increase. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Insurers do use the full post, so it may be that the new area, is a higher risk. But also when you update a policy, you attract the new rates. Insurers have been increasing their rates over the last year. Also if overnight resting place is not in a garage, it could be that the Insurers are aware of problems in the new postcode area. You would be surprised how much difference it can make moving from one road to another road, in the same general postcode area. Perhaps in the new road, cars have been vandalised, stolen or accidents have occured. Some roads are used as a rat run and parked cars can get pranged.

Suggest that your daughter makes a formal complaint and asks for a full explanation. They can then look at the rates and identify the reasons for the increase by talking to their underwriters and rating analysts.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Postcodes, even those within the same sector, can have astonishingly different risk profiles. There are around 1.8m postcodes spread over about a thousand postcode areas. There are many reasons why the rates can increase, but you tend to find that the worst areas are around 5 to 6 times more expensive than the best areas, making where you live one of the main drivers of your final premium.

you do not have to stay with the same insurance company, tell your daughter to ring around many different ones, and get as many quotes as she can, or have a look on websites on google.8-)

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

you do not have to stay with the same insurance company, tell your daughter to ring around many different ones, and get as many quotes as she can, or have a look on websites on google.8-)

Actually I should have mentioned a point on this, which is good advice from totiesquoties. Very few insurance companies agree which areas are good and which ones are bad, other than at a very high level (such as urban areas tend to be worse than rural ones). Shopping around can be very helpful here!!

hi wulfyn,

yes thanks, glad you agree, i only know this from previous experience, and shopping around does work, thanks for your support.;-)

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol: