• Tweets

• Thankyou  they are called ‘Discount Electrics’ Sutton - in - Ashfield Nottinghamshire 
    • Hello and welcome to CAG. People should be along to advise over the course of the day.   Which retailer are we talking about please?   By the way, something seems to have gone wrong with the spacing in your post above so I've popped in some paragraphs.   Best, HB
    • I'm after some advice before I fill in and return the section 172 "request for driver name and address".  I am the registered keeper of the vehicle stated .   The alleged offence (Exceeding variable Motorway speed limit 68mph in a 60mph zone) was committed on 29/07/2020, the NIP is dated 31/07/2020.  On Wednesday the 29th July 2020 a friend and I were driving for a much needed break from South Wales to spend a few days in Yorkshire, we shared the driving for the 4.5 hour journey at just over an hour at a time each.    My problem is this, 1.I have no idea of the location or recollection of the place to which the police refer (M1 Northbound Duckmanton Derbyshire?)  and 2. I cannot say with any accuracy which of us were the driver at that particular time.  I have a clean driving licence and am usually very speed aware using the cruise control at most times.   an offence for a mere 8mph on a motorway with everything that is going on at the moment seems extremely harsh IMO.     I would much appreciate if anyone could offer help / advice at what I should do next? Many thanks  🙁
    • Hello just asking,? I purchased a discount new cooker as it had cosmetic damage, paid £250 After a few days I noticed the fan never went off, I contacted the company and they finally collected the cooker and took it away, ( for 7 days) And fixed it,   It never seamt right? It steamed up in the clock panel and the oven door was mis-lined It had multiple dints in the sides Top panel missing on the door to stop food dropping in, Shelving didn’t fit well Then main fan started to rattle and tap   I put up with all this as it was *discounted Then one day whilst cooking we could smell a funny smell Turns out the wires had melted on the back of cooker I contacted the company again and it took a lot of phone calls to try and get the problem dealt with, speaking to several different staff....I wanted a refund or replacement I had had the cooker 6 months just! I asked for a refund or replacement    I contacted trading standards and citizens advice and they advised me what steps to take! Finally the company offered to replace the cooker, then later changed! As they explained that nothing came in to replace it they were too damaged! ( been told they buy at auction damaged) They wanted to look at the cooker and inspect the damage themselves, so I agreed they collected the cooker, No update, or communication I had to constantly chase them up Nothing was sorted out with 7 days we had no cooker, I threatened Trading standards were now involved Last thing on a Friday in June they rang to say I can collect the cooker it’s fixed!!!! I had expressed all along I didn’t feel safe using this cooker anymore with my family I didn’t want this cooker fixing again ( by whom) They started to blame me and said I should be grateful they aren’t charging me for the repair!   Still today in August this is not resolved  Trading standards have been useless  Citizens advice have told me to take them to small claims court!???? I have had to purchase another cooker  As I’ve been left without one.   I am in a vulnerable situation in life, Im a carer for my husband and have children and have no one to help me sort this mess out! I am struggling with making the county court claim ? What shall I do?   ( sorry for long message) ✨
    • The committee's report is pretty damning, isn't it? The Home Office refused to supply the scientific evidence it said its decisions were based on and you can possibly see Demonic's hand in this - he has form for ignoring select committees.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3649 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi can somebody please help me as l am currently being bullied by Marstons and the Courts.

In June of 2005 a Court Order was made from which £5 per week would be deducted from my incapacity benefit and paid to the Courts,towards paying fines off.

These payments were stopped three and a half years later, but in total the DWP paid HMCS £870.00 from my benefit over that period of time.

Because those payments stopped,the HMCS secured a distress warrant against me.

When l telephoned the Court l explained that there was a genuine reason why payments had been stopped, and as far as l was concerned the £5 payment was still being paid out of my benefit.

However they did not want to listen to reason and basically told me that it was not their problem and l was to contact the DWP,which l did.

During the conversation that l had with the DWP,l asked them how much they had paid in fines to HMSC.

£870 paid.

When l rang the Courts up to dispute the amount that they were claiming had been received for fines, l was told that HMCS had only received £215.00.

A few hours later the Courts told me that they had mis-calculated and the correct figure that they claimed to have received was now £365.00.

Again, giving that the DWP had confirmed that £870.00 had been paid,these figures were way out and quite concerning.

I reported this matter and the investigation made by HMCS were a complete white-wash.

I have asked for the outstanding warrant to be suspended because now the HMCS are now claiming £669.00 has been received, but have now admitted that they have received £870.00.

They had no choice giving that the Department for Works and Pensions conducted their own investigating which again established the fact that £870.00 had been paid to HMCS.

So if they received £870.00 but can only account for £669.00 being paid against my fines, as is the case, there is £201.00 that has not been accounted for.

I have invited HMCS to give their reasons why there is over £200 that they have not accounted for, no reasons giving!

Can they gain Court Orders (distress warrants) based on figures that they knew were misleading and false, because that's what has happened.

I have reported this matter to the police, who are claiming this is not a police matter (now there's a surprise)

Surely its a police matter, the DWP paid the HMSC £870.00, the HMCS have now had to concede £870.00 was paid, but can only account for £669.00 being received.

Giving the discrepancy in payments, l would have assumed that the current warrant based on those false figures should be suspended until this matter is completely cleared up.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not that good with these. How much was your fine for in total? What part are Marstons playing at present?

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for your reply PT, it is appreciated.

Total fines £735, should be £534,HMCS cannot account for the £201 it received from Department for Works and Pensions, that they previously disputed receiving.

Marstons visited me ten days ago,6.45am,was told that HMSC had secured a distress warrant and he was going to take my car.

Explained that he had no right to take car as it was on HP,provided proof that car was on HP,he accepted this.

He asked if he could come into property l said no,he then threatened to gain entry into proprty by using a locksmith,he had the right to do this, according to him.

Because of this threat, l agreed to pay him £200 and a further £400 this Friday.

I had to use my incapacity benefit plus DLA but will be unable to pay £400 this Friday.

Have asked HMCS and Enforcement department to suspend warrant pending the HMCS giving reasons why they cannot account for the £201 that has been paid by the DWP.

They claim that they cannot suspend the warrant or request the warrant being suspended, whilst they make the neccassary enquires.

I have also been refused a Court hearing twice,so l can put my argument accross to the Magistrates, again the HMCS have denied me this oppotunity

I feel that this is so unfair, giving the circumstances.

Hi

If you are in Incapacity and DLA you must tell the bailiff you are a vulnerable person and tell him to take it back to the court.

If I could find the details I would give them to you ................. I did ask for those details to be made a sticky and easy to find but to no avail, someone will come along with the details

Sorry can't help further

NM x

Thanks for that advice NM,it is really appreciated.

On the grounds of being a vulnerable person, would this affect the outstanding warrant?

I am in receipt of both benefits IS,DLA because l suffer from severe depression.

All of this for quite obvious reasons has made my condition a lot more worse.

There is history of self-harm.

Further advice would be appreciated..

Have I got this right:

You have paid £870 through Benefits deductions

You have also paid £200 to Bailiff

In my view you have therefore paid £1070 in total

According to a previous post you say fine in total was £735 or £534 - could you clarify if possible.

Either way it appears you have paid this off and are owed money back. It also appears you are stuck in the middle over an argument between HMCS & DWP, Marstons are now also involved and unfortunately they are carrying out the instructions from HMCS. I think I would be camped in the Court Managers Office demanding action.

Although they say they can't do anything - they can but choose not to. You need some urgent advice quickly, if you are on Benefits can you not approach the Duty Solicitor to act for you.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi PT.

The fines figure that l previously gave £735, which should read £534 are the outstanding fines that were owed when warrant was issued by the Court.

With the balliffs fee the total amount being claimed £987.75, ive paid £200 leaving £787.75.

Is there anything that l can do or rely on, giving that the HMCS have not giving any logical reason as to why they have not accounted for the £201 that was paid directly to them by DWP?

If there was a descrepency in the actual amount that had been paid when they made their application, this should have been pointed out, clearly it was not pointed out.

This morning l have giving notice to HMCS that l am going to make an application for a private prosecution against them, because as far as l am concerned this is a blatant theft of from my welfare benefits.

I have also invited HMCS to immediately repay my money to me.

You are right in respect of being in the middle of the DWP and HMCS,each blaming the other.

However HMCS were adament that their figures were correct.

Once the DWP fully investigated this matter,the HMCS had no alternative other than to accept those findings.

One other point of interest is that when the police officer telephoned the senior investigator officer from HMCS,she denied that the warrant was valid, in her own words because the matter was being investigated the warrant was suspended.

Speaking to the same investigator yesterday morning, she denied saying this to the police!

Thats not a problem, as this conversation was witnessed by two people who were in the police station on other matters and they are prepared to give witness statements if need be.

I think you had paid this off prior to the Bailiff being involved - after all they only came along after the dispute arose between the 2 Departments. I assume you have something in writing from DWP that says you have paid this amount.

I'm still of the opinion you need professional help to take this further as I think taking on HMCS means you taking on MOJ means taking on the Crown! Hope I'm wrong on that.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Only a quick question, how did you manage to get a fine paid by the DWP beacause they categorically state that they cannot pay fines out of Incapacity Benefit or DLA. I know I tried and they said not only Income Support.

Can someone please advice me if there is a legal right to challange a distress warrant that has been secured by HMCS.

It is evident, in this particular case that the amount that was being claimed at the time of application for warrant was incorrect and misleading.

HMCS have claimed that l owed £735.00 when they made their application, when evidence clearly shows the correct amount outstanding in fines was in-fact some £201.00 less.

In a nutshell, the correct amount that should have been claimed at the time of application would have been £534.00.

PT if l have to take the Crown on, so be it.

Nobody is above the law,that includes those who are employed by HMCS.

It is my understanding that any decision that is made by a Court is based on facts and iondeed evidence.

The Department for Work and Pensions have giving evidence that positively proves the amount that is being claimed is some £201.00 less than it should be.

However, the HMCS who have on numerous occassions been invited to show evidence that the amount being claimed is the correct amount.

To date they have not offered any evidence to substanciate there claim that l owe them £735.00, quite the reverse.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You say you have been refused twice to have this matter heard by the court. Ok... so if just ignore them all totally they then have to summon you back to court and then they will have to listen to you won't they?

WD

I managed to stop the balliffs calling Friday.

I decided to go to the Court and speak to the lady who previously told me that the Court could not ask Marston to suspend the warrant.

I explained to her that after taking legal advice l was told to write a letter requesting a fines hearing and to take the notice of a hearing straight down the Court.

I managed to get the notice of hearing stamped as proof that l had requested this hearing, and l also had the notice that l wanted a fines hearing entered into the Court register.

At first the lady refused my request again.

When l presented her with the notice and advised her that my request was now in the Court register her attitude completely changed.

She told me to hang on, and went away for about ten minutes.

When she returned the same lady who had prviously denied me the right to put my side of the story, on numerous occassions told me that there was no need for me to request a fines hearing.

She advised me that a hearing would be heard this week, in my absence?

She said that they were now going to seek an order for the £201.00 that HMSC could not account for, to be refunded to me.

She also said that they were going to try and have my fines paid weekly directly from my benefits!

She also said that the warrant that l had already paid £200 to Marstons was now suspended.

Can anyone advice me of my rights to get the £200 paid to Marstons refunded..

It is now evident that the warrant that was secured by HMCS was based on a figure that was incorrect when the warrant was issued.

The amount claimed by HMSC was £201 more than was actually owed when their application was made.

I explained to the balliff that the amount claimed on the warrant was incorrect,this has since been proved and now accepted by HMCS.

Giving that this warrant has been obtained on false and misleading figures can l re-claim the £200 paid to Marstons, and can l have their costs removed?

Surely if a Court Order (warrant) has been obtained based on false figures as to the amount actually owed, as was the case, am l right in thinking the warrant is not valid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..