Can I please join Cabot Fan Club?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After a few weeks of peace, Cabot kindly sent me a package which arrived today following a CCA request some months' ago.

The following was on two seperate sheets, but I think back and front of a 'Reply Card'

CabotCCA.jpg

As well as the above I received a photocopy of the above with my signature and date.

There are several sheets of Terms and Conditions which appear to be from a year after I applied.

A few photocopy sheets of 'advertising' for a Providian Card?

A Statement showing that interest and charges are still being added?

and finally, their smug letter.

What happens next?

As we have now complied with your request for information, we are able enforce (yes the 'to' is missing on their letter!) the credit agreement, which you signed and entered into (again not my typo). Enforcement means that we are able to obtain a County Court Judgment against you. etc.

If I do not contact them within 14 days we may reserve the right to escalate the account within our collections procedures (yes, all as was typed, but not going to correct, let them carry on sending out their illiterate ramblings.:p

On the NOTES in the margin it confirms, With this letter we have enclosed:

Copy of signed credit Agreement

Statement(s) of Account

Terms and Conditions

Free Advice Organisations Sheet

Is this enforceable please?

Don't they need to provide you with a copy of the terms and conditions in force when the "agreement" was signed as well as any subsequent changes to those?

Under the "Important" box, they mention the 1974 act, which, although I think they've attempted to adhere to, they haven't quite managed it have they? Reply Card? Not Agreement? Not sure.

Are the T&C pages sequentially numbered?

There could be a case for claiming back interest charges if they've been added by Cabot rather than the Original Creditor.

I do hope someone can come along and give better/full advice on this.

Good luck!

HS, give Consumer Direct - Contact us a bell and tell them that these clowns are threatening a CCJ on the back of an eroneous agreement which they say complies with your CCA request.

• Haha 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

That looks decidedly dodgy to me. I don't believe that is a copy of a single document, it looks like a bit of creative Photoshopping from where I'm sitting :(

The bit that actually has your sig does not contain the prescribed terms, that's for sure.

Looks to me like someone has copied those Financial terms from what was originally a card carrier sent out with their shiny new cards. First patagraph on the 2nd page says the definitions and other terms are set out in your 'enclosed' copy of the Providian terms and conditions'.

They don't 'enclose' terms and conditions on Reply Card Applications , so can't see them having been on the application card you sent back.

As well as the above I received a photocopy of the above with my signature and date.

Only Signature and date or were the other boxes also completed?

It is an application form. There is a divide among caggers whether application forms are legimate CCAs.

Whatever you believe I sure think you will be welcomed by CFC, it took you some time to join.

I got the same sort of letter from them, but mine enclosed a Reconstituted Agreement, which is total garbage, they are also adding interest onto the outstanding balance...I've not paid them, and don't intend to..think I should be joining you in the CFC!