Need Help With A "CCA Request" Reply Please...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all !

I today received a response from Barclaycard services concerning a CCA request i made some time ago. What exactly is it that they're supposed to send to me ? All i got was the attached letter and a copy of "Terms and Conditions". I don't know if this is the "T & C" from when i took the credit card out or a newer version. Are Barclaycard right to send this or are they trying to pull a fast one ? I was expecting something with my signature etc on...

Has anyone any advice for me please ?

img015.pdf

img016.pdf

I have read that Barclays are refusing to send out copies of the original and relying on their right to send a re-constituted copy.

Did you apply using cpr 31.16?

They say in the letter that they may default you. if that is the case, why are they asking for the full balance?

Usually, when they ask for the full balance, the account has been defaulted and terminated

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Guest Cartaphilus

Hmm, 'fun in the sun with Barkerlay Card' again.

Some more questions, how old is your account and how did you originally apply for it? Online or by application or pre-application form in some Barkerlaycard instances. I also noted the ambiquity with the default notice and the balance. I also see nothing in that letter as to when the account was opened. It seems to be full of confusing legal jargon as well.

Waksman also stated the following:-

'Where an agreement has been "varied" (eg, where the interest rate has risen), a copy of the original and the varied terms must be produced'

If you've got an account thats 10 years old, you need something, so that you can cross reference the interest rates in the T&C's they send, without that something Judge Waksman ruling does hold water.

Thats why the Original CCA is so important.

does=doesn't

Bring back the edit button-----NOW :D

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

The account has already defaulted back in March 2007. It was then passed to "1st Credit", and when they couldn't produce a CCA, it eventually ended up back in Barclays lap.

I can't remember how I originally applied for it. It could well have been either online or by post, I can't remember. It was 4 or 5 years ago now. It was the confusing legal jargon which prompted this thread.