bloobirdgirl

Rent arrears landlord hassling me

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3657 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have rent arrears amounting to approx £2000 (the original rent money was stolen from me monthly whilst ill) When i was made aware of this i came to an agreement with the letting agents to catch up with the money owed and stay on top of my usual rent. The agreement started a month ago and i have been paying money fortnightly (as much as i can afford to which is approx an extra £400 a month). However the landlord turned up at the house today and started shouting that he was his f***ing money, telling several neighbours that i owe money then barged into the housewhilst i ended up suffering a mild asthma attack due to the stress which he said oh that's just another f***ing problem in front of my 3 year old.

IU contacted the agents telling them what had happened and they told me not to answer the door if he knocks and to leave it with them as he should not have visited me at all and will get back to me asap to let me know when the have spoken to the mans wife who they normally deal with.

I don't know what more i can do i am repaying at the agreed rate and am doing my best to repay but i'm a single mother on benefits and even trying to get a job to try and make more money to pay it off. I now can't even face my neighbours after being humiliated by thr landlord and don't want to live here much longer as they are all gossiping about me.

Any advice would be gratefully received

The Landlord has done several serious things here. It might be worth seeking legal advice.

Just to add...

He has no right to enter the property without reasonable notice and reason and he should not be telling your neighbours anything relating to your tenancy.

If he comes around again tell him to leave and if he does not call the police.

I assume you have an assured shorthold tenancy? These are short term and it seems your relationship with your Landlord is strained. At the end of the term it would probably be best to have alternative accommodation arranged.

Seems the landlord has broken the Data protection Act and could be in very serious trouble. Secondly he may have infringed the Harassment Act and then there is of course the Human Rights Act. I think the landlord is in very deep poo poo!