OTELO - is there any point?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone used OTELO to arbitrate a dispute? Was it worthwhile, and do they really keep to their published service standards of a provisional decision in 6 weeks?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

The threat of Otelo has worked for me both times I've tried it. Never had to go any further :/

GL RMW Let us know if it works for you

P.S. Even if it doesn't find for you the telecoms company has to pay Otelo to look at the dispute.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Have a browse around the Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman - Home website. quite a bit of info there.

They have a limit that they can deal with of £5000.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

:p:cool:hi,

i found otelo excellent, due to an error with a phone company, and gor reimbursed, but for them stepping in until then got nowhere, they were very effiicient, and nice to speak to, and write to, then i changed my phone company, but they did work for me, hope this reassures you.

• Haha 1

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

I have (yet another!) ongoing dispute stemming from moving home. I'm seriously p***ed off with Pipex who keep changing their minds about whether or not I owe them anything (I don't) and have a very annoying tendency to write saying I don't owe then 2 weeks later sending the 'debt' to a DCA. They've now done this 3 times.

They are currently (as they mostly have all along) ignoring correspondence. I don't have the time or the inclination to go to court and don't think it's sufficiently serious to win anyway, so OTELO it is.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I hope sky and tesco will sort out my problem if not otelo hopefully. Do they have to power to awared expenses and for distress caused due to neglegence or do you have to resort to court once through otello.

If you can prove the amount your claiming for then as others have said, yes, but you should bare in mind that its down to you to prove every aspect of your claim including the sum of money in compensation you say you should be paid.

If your planning to claim compensation keep it reasonable, if you try to claim large sums of money when the evidence doesn't support payment of this amount, then it can have a detrimental effect on your claim as the adjudicator may think your trying it on.

Not too bothered about compensation - mostly the cost of half a dozen stamps etc - it's more that I want them to s** o** and leave me alone. Their 8 weeks is up on Monday, so I'll put the complaint together over the weekend.

RMW

Have you tried asking them for a "DEADLOCK" letter?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Have you checked your credit file? Anything nasty on there?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

If you can prove the amount your claiming for then as others have said, yes, but you should bare in mind that its down to you to prove every aspect of your claim including the sum of money in compensation you say you should be paid.

If your planning to claim compensation keep it reasonable, if you try to claim large sums of money when the evidence doesn't support payment of this amount, then it can have a detrimental effect on your claim as the adjudicator may think your trying it on.

No, I am thankfully not one to try it on. Just want cost of mobile broadband and phone which have kept all receipts for plus hours speant chasing them, plus a little for destress caused to show they recodnise what was done to me, not over the top. They have caused my line to cease twice now so feel they need to be taught a lesson xx:eek: Fist time line dead for just about two plus days I believe (gone on so long would have to read my own thread to update,ha ha), this time nearing a week already but hoping back on in next two days xx I should add thanks for the advice xx

reallymadwoman, telecom companies can be so frustrating when they get it wrong it seems for many xx