• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Credit Security Limitd - DEMAND THAT I

Guest Cartaphilus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Cartaphilus

As it's a short letter, quicker to type than scan.

Received this letter from these people, how seriously do I need to take it or just treat it like any other letter?

I have replicated the address, also and body of the the letter, I presume the use of the address is purely to frighten me even more but are they also using misleading tactics in presenting themselves thus?

Credit Security Limited

THE OLD COURT HOUSE, HIGH STREET, WHITCHURCH, BUCKS HP22 4JS Tel: 08451222985

Pay online at: (website address) DEBT ENFORCEMENT OFFICE

(My address)

Account No: xxxxxx

Balance: £123456789

Re: WESCOT CREDIT SERVICES LTD - (CREDITOR)

Dear X

We have been instructed by our Client to recover the above overdue debt.

We DEMAND that the sum stated be sent direct to this office IMMEDIATELY using the payment slip below.

Your failure to comply could result in a DEBT COLLECTOR calling upon you for payment or a COUNTY COURT JUDGMENT being registered against you.

Yours sincerely

Now, of course, the back o

Guest Cartaphilus

Very well as it seems the edit button is still missing (and making it very frustrating when trying to edit posts) the bottom of my post which I know I DID type is now gone, so I will have to post it in here, being unable to edit I now have to use more than one post just to make a correction:

Now, of course, Wetcloths PO Box is printed on the back of the envelope.

Guest Cartaphilus

Yes, now one reason I copied the letter body 'as is' (or as close to it) is because is there anything I can report them for? Using that address, stating they 'could' get a court order against me? Neither Wetcloths or CSL are the clients, of course yet are 'hinting' they can do these things.

I've read here before, that the address is used as a "scare tactic" - to make you believe that the correspondence originates from some kind of court-associated organisation. In other words, they could be regarded as using false representation in order to scare an alleged debtor.

Regardless of that, they have fibbed a bit haven't they?

"Your failure to comply could result in a debt collectorlink3.gif calling upon you for payment or a county courtlink3.gif JUDGMENT being registered against you."

A debt collector (printed first) or a CCJ. Well, you can't have the debt collector without defaulting on the CCJ as you know. So again, it's worded in order to intimidate.

Was this something that you could send a CCA request for? If so, what was the outcome?

Personally, I think they're scare-mongering, but please let us know the previous sequence of events, so as to make it easier to work out the next step.

Cheers Cartaphilus.

H.

Guest Cartaphilus

Can't CCA, unfortunately. Though charges have been added inflating the amount along with the claim 'the client' has added these charges. So, from the start they have only ever been acting on behalf of and not the owners.

TBH, without the present letterhead, it is almost word for word what I've been getting before now.

Guest Cartaphilus

On the other hand, after having a rethink, there may be something I can do with regards an agreement and whether or not they have one (not a CCA, but agreements exist for this kind of account regardless). So if they want to collect on 'behalf of' then surely they must also have proof of this agreement in order to do so?

Guest Cartaphilus

No, but I am just really amazed - flabergasted even -that writing to you from multiple addressess (where it seems it's the same DCA) is even allowed to happen.

Guest Cartaphilus

There go I for I search for any kind of 'terpitude' here where I know I will find not thee. ;)

Hi Cartaphilus:)

Subbing with interest as I've just received the self-same letter from Credit Security (albeit without the Westcot ref) regarding a LTSB o/d - mine has been passed now from Apex to AIC to Moorcroft and now CSL.

I've sent them a bemused/prove it letter today..............

Let us know how yours progresses and all the best with it,

Landy x

Guest Cartaphilus

Call Serve whom I've vaguely heard of but had no dealings with directly. Just went to look at their website even got the same font used in this letterhead.

Call Serve what iv read over the last 24hours same companies have u had a look at the address on google maps just a big farm house with 2-3 companies in it like hairdressers & sh#t & having a read about have 3-4 different companies all around the place & they think we r the con men

Guest Cartaphilus
Call Serve what iv read over the last 24hours same companies have u had a look at the address on google maps just a big farm house with 2-3 companies in it like hairdressers & sh#t & having a read about have 3-4 different companies all around the place & they think we r the con men

Oh, yes, do not worry I know what sorts of places they hang out in. ;) I know where one DCA is, exactly it's location for example, which is a pokey little office. There is another one which seems to hang out in a vast warehouse somewhere in Bolton where they all live as well.

Like I said 'terpitude'. ;)

I got 1 a few weeks ago from SRJ Debt Recoveries saying i owe sky £118 from a address what i lived in years ago & i never had sky in there had a look at the address on google maps its a PO BOX in a royal mail sorting office i feel sorry 4 the pepole what pay this & do not no they r getting riped off (left right and centre) sending money & bank details GOD NO,S WHAT THAY WILL TAKE OUT OV R BANK

As it's a short letter, quicker to type than scan.

Received this letter from these people, how seriously do I need to take it or just treat it like any other letter?

I have replicated the address, also and body of the the letter, I presume the use of the address is purely to frighten me even more but are they also using misleading tactics in presenting themselves thus?

Now, of course, the back o

Been there, ignored them, heard nothing since. Like everyone says. typical dca bluffing and an address designed to try and intimadate. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Dear x

We have been instructed by Little Red Riding Hood to recover her picnic basket.

We demand that the said basket be sent directly to the Wolf's Lair Immediately using the Little Pig attached.

Your failure to comply could result in a woodsman calling upon you for tea or a wicked spell being wished upon you.

Yours sincerely

:D

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cartaphilus

They've been getting quite angry with me since I didn't respond and have sent two further letters, typed differently. This last time they are either sending a doorstep collector or requesting of their client to take court action. Funny, because they don't own this debt and further funny it's increased since the last letter. In each letter they also give me 7 days to act.

Edited by Cartaphilus

Guest Cartaphilus

Hmm, wonder if I will get the pink one now ... 'pink slip' lol

Edited by Cartaphilus

Guest Cartaphilus

Or, they just use pink paper to make them look 'angrier' with and at you. As close as it's possible to get paper looking 'stern' at someone. :D

Guest Cartaphilus

They might even get the cane out or ... worse, the slipper! Or pump as it was known at my school. Eek!