Need advice on a parking ticket.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently parked in a car park i have used many times before to do some shopping in town. I paid the correct fee for the length of time i was going to be there and displayed the ticket clearly in the car. Unknown to me, part of the car park has been taken over by a college who contracted a company called Central Ticketing and only allowed "permit holders" to park in designated areas. I parked in one of these spaces and although there were signs up in that area of the car park they were not clear as if i did stop and read them i would have simply moved to a non "permit holding" space. To have an area of the car park which is designated to permit holders and the rest which isnt is just stupid. My ticket outlines that "it is difficult to present verbal evidence before the court" and goes on to say "all queries must be forwarded in writing". I feel inclined not to pay the fine which is £65 within 14 days or £100 after. Any advice you can give on this matter will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

If the 'ticket' was issued by a private company then it is merely an invoice which cannot be inforced because they won't be able to identify the driver. As the previous poster says; ignore it. You will get a few official looking letters and threats of court action but eventually they will go away.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.