Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3705 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Returned from a short camping trip yesterday to a letter for my OH from the Department of Work and Pensions.

The opening line was to thank her for making a payment of £5.00 within the last month and continuing on to state that there is in excess of £600 outstanding on a debt we/she has no knowledge of and unless we pay them £50 a month, they will pass it on to a private dca (bring them on)

Prove it letter is in the post. the phantom £5 payment can only be an attempt to restart the SB clock, so we'll need to see the proof of that methinks

We did have contact with Iqor last year, but they vanished after a single prove it letter. I get the impression that there are processes the DWP are simply not following

Anyone had experience of DWP and whether they do make phantom payments ?

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

Not too sure about phantom payments, but I do know they make monumental c0ck ups, and then blame the innocent recipient for it!

Many a time I have had to take them on for their 'administrative errors' where they have accused me of fraud and overpayments, never lost yet:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!