Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3704 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys,

My son recently had his end of school prom, and stayed in a travelodge afterwards, and I, rather stupidly, put my self forward to book the rooms.

It turns out that they were kicked out at about 5 in the morning, which i kind of expected, and didnt mind as long as nothing was broken, and I was assured that nothing was.

This was just under a month ago now, and from looking at my bank statement, i saw that I have been fined £300 pounds, £150 for each room.

I bit my sons head off, but he was still adament that nothing was broken

in any of our rooms. And after a phonecall to the very 'kind and helpful' staff at travellodge Manchester Central, it turns out that the charge is for 'disturbance'.

Ive seen another thread on this forum with some people saying that you can only be fined for what you have broken, so have I got a case for getting the money back?

Thanks in anticipation,

Steve

Edited by steve-jones-64

Travel Lodge do nto have the authority to "fine" you as they are not a magistrate. Do a chargeback on your card for the amount in question and let them sort it our in court as they have to prove that they suffered a loss of £300.

It will not be a fine, but a charge that will have been accepted at the time of booking (in that it forms the terms of booking). If they actually caused a disturbance and had to be ejected from the hotel it does show a callous disregard for other guests, and the company may have had to refund them - so the issue surrounding the amount being charged will depend on it being on their tariff. Have you checked it?

There is nothing in their terms and conditions to suggest that they are entitled to make any sort of charge for "disturbance". The only charge that they make is a reasonable cleaning charge for smoking in a room or causing damage, for which they must advise you within 10 working days providing a breakdown of their costs. (section 4)

Travelodge - Terms and conditions

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

some sort of consumer action redirect issue if you hover over the link, the link does refer to travelodge.co.uk/terms/ but the redirect function of the forums having a hissy fit

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: