style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was issued a PCN - 01 Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours- but felt that the charge was unfair.

I appealed to the LA by email, did not receive a reply (or so I thought), and was then issued a Notice to Owner to pay the full £120.

The car was parked in a bay with the back wheels just outside the box (on double yellow lines). It was not unsafe whatsoever. I replied saying that the charge 'parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours' was not fair because the time of the alleged offence was outside the restricted times (10pm). They were not charging me with parking outside the marked bays and as such I thought the contravention was incorrect.

Am I wrong about this? On reflection, I suspect that contravention 01 includes if you were parked on yellow lines (however minimally).

I phoned the local authority and they said they had emailed me back (I haven't found the email, but it may have been sent I suppose)- and said I could either a) make representation to contest the claim or b) pay the reduced amount and write a letter to ask they deem this sufficient.

I suspect that I will do the latter although it is frustrating because the 'offence' in question seems so minor and out of proportion that I resent being charged in this way.

Any advice gladly received.....

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I don't suppose you haver any images to show us of your 'offence'? Also it sometimes helps if you can post the PCN (obsuring any persoanl details first) to check whether it could be flawed in some way.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

You need there to be faults in the PCN and or the NTO. or for the council to commit a procedural impropriety. Lots of councils do some or all of these. And check that the DYLs are where they should be according to the Traffic Order. If they are misplaced in your favour then the offence did not occur.