Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3698 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I'm a bit behind with a wonga repayment and am being chased. I defaulted because of emergency repairs to the family vehicle and have tried to tell them that I currently have NO money to even last the month. They don't seem too good at responding to e-mails, but I thought I'd give it one more go/ Does this sound ok and should I copy in the famous Errol ?

Hi,

I have been in regular contact with you and last spoke to someone on 30/07/2010 regarding a payment plan.

I explained that I had less than a fiver in the bank at the moment, but said that I would try and arrange something over the weekend.

I have failed miserably but am quite willing to make the following arrangements. I will pay £10.00 immediately, direct to your bank as a token payment to show willing and get the plan started. I will then pay £xx.00 directly to your account on the 20/08, 21/09, 21/10, 19/11, 21,12 and 21/01/2011 to settle the debt. This will total £x00 which is considerably more than the original loan with reasonable interest.

I would expect interest and charges to be frozen once I have paid the £10.00 token, and also would expect you to add further interest and charges only if I missed a payment.

Please not that I am NOT trying to avoid payment, I have used you in the past and always paid on time or early. I note that you are a member of the FLA and would hope that you will deal with me in accordance with Section D1 of the Lending Code.

Whoa, didn't mean the e-mail to look like that !!

Meant to say:

I have been in regular contact with you and last spoke to someone on 30/07/2010 regarding a payment plan.

I explained that I had less than a fiver in the bank at the moment, but said that I would try and arrange something over the weekend.

I have failed miserably but am quite willing to make the following arrangements. I will pay £10.00 immediately, direct to your bank as a token payment to show willing and get the plan started. I will then pay £xx.00 directly to your account on the 20/08, 21/09, 21/10, 19/11, 21,12 and 21/01/2011 to settle the debt. This will total £x00 which is considerably more than the original loan with reasonable interest.[/font]

I would expect interest and charges to be frozen once I have paid the £10.00 token, and also would expect you to add further interest and charges only if I missed a payment.

Please not that I am NOT trying to avoid payment, I have used you in the past and always paid on time or early. I note that you are a member of the FLA and would hope that you will deal with me in accordance with Section D1 of the Lending Code.

Rashley, i think thats a very honest and well put together email. Like jamies states keep resending and put 2nd copy, 3rd copy etc till they respond. If you havent already set up a new account or report card as lost/stolen straight away otherwise when you do have some money in the account it will go and you may need this for essential living. Keep us posted on how your getting on

Go Errol,

had a phone call to my mobile (at their expense !) about two hours after sending this, saying not to worry about the initial £10.00 just increase the 6 monthly payments to cover that. Interest and fees stopped.

Still waiting for that in writing though !!

Thanks for your help.