Insurance company help plz

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya guys and girls im not sure if this is in the right place or if anyone can help but its worth trying this is for my ex partner

a few month ago he had a scrape with a taxi driver min damage couple of scratches on the taxi and 1 to his van they where both parked on double yellows the taxi was on the bend tho the taxi driver followed him home as the ex didnt feel any bumps and was not awear anything had happend within a week the ex got a letter from solicitors and he made contact it was said from the ex's insurance company they would come and assess any damages to van and the taxi however nobody came to look at the van the next thing he knew his insurance was due and it was mega high and his no claims bonus had vanished when he rang up about this it was said the insurance company had paid out to this taxi driver and that they had just over 7 grand set to one side for a personal injury payout but the taxi driver was not even in the car at the time so how can he have personal injury so it now costs te ex a extra 400 pound on his insurance and the insurance company never once got in touch with him to say they where going to pay out or to ask about damages in anyway shape or form stuck now on what to do

any help will be gratefully received

This is what we dont understand we thought they would not of done anything as they said they where coming to look at the damage on the van aswell as the damage to the taxi before anything else happend next thing they tell up they paid out for damage and had an amount set for personal injury

perhaps try and get a written explanation from them re their actions?

it seems unusual for the ins co to pay out without at least getting a statement from your ex! particularly as they had been in touch re viewing the damage.

Yea i have everything ready to send of regarding a complaint but stuck on where to send one do i send it to the company or the fsa i think its called either way we belive that the accident was a 2 way thing and we no he was not in the taxi to get a injury plus not happy that the van didnt get looked at eithet and he has now lost 10 yr plus no claims because of it

Your ex partner just needs to make an official complaint to their Insurers and if they cannot resolve after 8 weeks, they can go to the FOS.

Sounds like the Insurers have just accepted the Taxi Drivers word for it. Would not be surprised if they had got their mates to complete witness testimonies saying it was your friends fault. If there was CCTV or road traffic cameras in the area, your friend should make a Data Protection Subject Access Request for the camera footage at the time of the accident. It will cost them £10 to do this. All they would need to do is go back to the scene of the accident and note the location of the cameras. There should be signs in the area, showing who is responsible for the cameras and who to contact.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Unfortunatley there was no camera around and chances are there will of been another taxi driver friend as 2 of them turned up at my house i told the other where to get off and the one who's taxi was damaged made threats to come bk to the house and so on since then he drives past alot and ive noticedhim behind me when i have been driving around he is not the best driver n the world and i often see him smoking in his taxi to which i thought was now against the law i will send off letters and fight it the best i can as its alot of money to be paid out for nothing