Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I have posted it and explained in reply to the new  defence counterclaim I adopted from you. Its nightmare getting through to the court. the lady at the court office  told me that,  to submit N224 for extension will cost me £175.00, may be I didn't hear her well as I believe that, it might be more than that. Can anyone help on this. I have been on to the phone to the court house just to make the payment, cant get through and still on the phone as at this moment. I have however sent a cheque in the phone to the court. 
    • Hi Andyroch isn't a good idea if i send them via email now instead 7 days prior to hearing also is it worth sending consent order form to hx parking to see if they agree to set the case aside?
    • Hi, I've had a quick look for similar threads, but haven't found any - so apologies in advance if the issue has been raised elsewhere.   So, long story short: > Peoples Energy go bust in September, > Account assigned to British Gas - not at all happy with this as BG is probably at the top of my Energy Supplier sh* list! > Advised to hang fire with them (by them, no surprise) until my account is migrated from People's Energy (PE), so as to ensure my credit, circa £700 is transferred from the administrators and direct debits are kept setup with PE as these will also be moved. > Final meter reading provided to BG September. > Zero comms from BG, until, you guessed it, early Jan demanding my bill was paid within 3 days (what bill, I hadn't even had one), for the price of £400 odd. The irony in this is that way back in September, I actually predicted BG would do something like this, hold back bills until it was at such a level that you would have to pay it in order for them to let you move account. Now I know what you are thinking, hadn't you been putting the uncollected DD amount away in prep for your bill. The simple answer is... Yes. BUT, as a matter of principle, BG are due to receive my £700 credit from PE and haven't managed to transfer the DD's across. Do you really think I am going to part with £400 when I am actually owed £700. For me its a matter of principle, yes I am stubborn, but I've seen this BG movie before. > Called BG, was on hold for an hour before putting thru to the most un-knowledgeable customer service agent. I'm not having a go at them, I'm having a go at BG for basically just throwing bodies at the problem as a deflection tactic. She did say my bill would be put on hold and I would receive a telephone call by the end of the week (last week) to discuss my complaint. I had asked to be put thru to complaints, but for some reason, this wasnt possible or the poor lady wasnt shown how to do this. Guess what, no call from BG to discuss the complaint. I did however receive a chaser to pay my bill.   So really what I am asking is that: > Is anyone else in the same situation with their account being migrated, DD to be setup and receiving your credit? > Should I just stop being stubborn, pay the bill and move my account elsewhere - what will happen to my credit from PE, we have been advised by BG not to cancel DD's and bear with them until everything is transferred. Great advice, what they really meant was, don't do anything until we ramp up your bill that much (in the hope you cant pay), so we can hold your face to the fire and you can never leave.   I cannot stand BG, their service has always been absolutely shocking and tactics questionable. We have previous with them (to which I won, but that's another story).   Anyway, a bit of a rant but does make me feel slightly better. Just wondering what the options I have are. 
    • This is a spectacular story. We normally advise people to sue Hermes because generally speaking the contract has been made through Packlink which is domiciled in Spain and too difficult to reach with a county court action. In this case you have a choice of suing Hermes or P2G. Generally speaking we have tended anyway to find that Hermes are easier to go up against.    As you are dealing with the loss of 38 parcels here, I would suggest that the way forward is to sue in respect of them individually or just a couple at a time. This will be much cheaper for you – which means less risk and you can see how the claim goes. 95% certain that Hermes will put their hands up after having come up with the usual arguments. They will force you to mediation and then at mediation you will have to stand your ground and insist on every last penny. Once you have done that, then we can communicate with Hermes and tell them that either they sort out the rest of them although are more court cases coming and it will be the death of a thousand cuts. Also, the amber stories interesting and I suppose it is probably true but I want to know the crime number from Hermes whereas P2G are not the victims of crime and they wouldn't be obliged to provide you with this information. Personally I can't imagine that Hermes isn't insured against theft and if this is the case, then it would be quite a scandal if they put in a claim for the value of the parcels et cetera and then they pay you are on the basis that you had no insurance. I think this is a point worth leverage in. And of course we could have a bit of fun and sue Hermes for one parcel and at the same time sue P2G for one of the others and see how both cases went along . I suppose a lot depends on how much of a hurry you are into get reimbursement and whether taking the small claims in the County Court actually interests you or you simply just want to get them out of the way. I would certainly counsel against suing for all in one go. It reduces the risk factor to Hermes if they lose the case because they will only have to pay one claim fee and one hearing fee whereas if we deliver the claims separately, then the sum total of the claim fees and hearing fees which they will eventually pay out to you would be far greater – by a considerable factor. We would make this clear to them after they had settled the first case. You would not be able to run more than one case against Hermes at any one time because there is a risk that the cases would be joined. They would have to be done separately and the second one would only be started once you had your victory in the first one
    • Defence okay...N244 application okay in post #84...so just a little work required on your intended further statement...you will have to file and serve a copy of this not less than 7 days pre hearing.   Give me a nudge nearer the time and I will make a few tweaks to it.
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

Insurance company help plz


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hiya guys and girls im not sure if this is in the right place or if anyone can help but its worth trying this is for my ex partner


a few month ago he had a scrape with a taxi driver min damage couple of scratches on the taxi and 1 to his van they where both parked on double yellows the taxi was on the bend tho the taxi driver followed him home as the ex didnt feel any bumps and was not awear anything had happend within a week the ex got a letter from solicitors and he made contact it was said from the ex's insurance company they would come and assess any damages to van and the taxi however nobody came to look at the van the next thing he knew his insurance was due and it was mega high and his no claims bonus had vanished when he rang up about this it was said the insurance company had paid out to this taxi driver and that they had just over 7 grand set to one side for a personal injury payout but the taxi driver was not even in the car at the time so how can he have personal injury so it now costs te ex a extra 400 pound on his insurance and the insurance company never once got in touch with him to say they where going to pay out or to ask about damages in anyway shape or form stuck now on what to do


any help will be gratefully received

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what we dont understand we thought they would not of done anything as they said they where coming to look at the damage on the van aswell as the damage to the taxi before anything else happend next thing they tell up they paid out for damage and had an amount set for personal injury

Link to post
Share on other sites

perhaps try and get a written explanation from them re their actions?

it seems unusual for the ins co to pay out without at least getting a statement from your ex! particularly as they had been in touch re viewing the damage.




Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea i have everything ready to send of regarding a complaint but stuck on where to send one do i send it to the company or the fsa i think its called either way we belive that the accident was a 2 way thing and we no he was not in the taxi to get a injury plus not happy that the van didnt get looked at eithet and he has now lost 10 yr plus no claims because of it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your ex partner just needs to make an official complaint to their Insurers and if they cannot resolve after 8 weeks, they can go to the FOS.


Sounds like the Insurers have just accepted the Taxi Drivers word for it. Would not be surprised if they had got their mates to complete witness testimonies saying it was your friends fault. If there was CCTV or road traffic cameras in the area, your friend should make a Data Protection Subject Access Request for the camera footage at the time of the accident. It will cost them £10 to do this. All they would need to do is go back to the scene of the accident and note the location of the cameras. There should be signs in the area, showing who is responsible for the cameras and who to contact.

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunatley there was no camera around and chances are there will of been another taxi driver friend as 2 of them turned up at my house i told the other where to get off and the one who's taxi was damaged made threats to come bk to the house and so on since then he drives past alot and ive noticedhim behind me when i have been driving around he is not the best driver n the world and i often see him smoking in his taxi to which i thought was now against the law i will send off letters and fight it the best i can as its alot of money to be paid out for nothing

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...