The Chez

WARNING: Incompatable phone and sim card on talk mobile - x10 mini pro phone

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3657 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there I am posting this as a warning to anyone thinking about signing up to a contract with Talk Mobile, the Carphone Warehouse's own network, that uses a vodafone signal.

Me and my partner went out for the day and decided to get our new contract mobiles while we were there. My partner liked the mini pro after some web research, and I liked the HTC Desire, so that's what we got.

Basicaly what it is, the Android phone x10 mini pro, here: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro from £20 on contract - The Carphone Warehouse

We got the phones home, charged them and booted them up. Mine took about 10 minutes to sort, I had everything my contract is set up for with Orange, texts, minutes and internet, all there.

We booted his up, he could call out, send texts, but could he get on the internet? NO. We tried and tried, we called the hotlines, we put codes in, nothing.

Eventualy he got fustrated and took it to the Carphone Warehouse near to us. They took out the sim card and put it in another phone, everything worked, including the internet access. They put another sim card into the

mini pro, everything worked, put the mini pro and the Talk Mobile sim card together, and they are not compatable, they said.

They never have been and never will be, yet the phone is on sale on Talk Mobile at every Carphone Warehouse!

If you select this handset on Talk Mobile, you will not be able to use the internet, yet they are selling it as such!

This is a warning, and just to let this forum know how crafty Carphone Warehouse are being here.

We managed to get my partner's contract revoked at the shop he bought it from, with an hour's journey and lots of fustration. The local shops said they couldn't do it as every shop has it's own budget, so again, more fustration.

He now has another phone, which works fine.

So, do not get the X10 MINI PRO mobile on TALK MOBILE, otherwise you will not get the services you pay for!

This is a countrywide issue, but it is debatable if it has been withdrawn from sale on that network.

:-x:-x:-x