RMA card through the door???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just picked up my post and found a card from a mr r mccormack at

RMA saying they will be contacting me on saturday between 8am to 8pm...

Have no idea who these people are they whave never randg me so how are they going to contact if they dont have my phone no... Are they coming to my door???

Its says if this time is inconvenient then to ring a 08707 number ?? Is this a ploy to get me to talk to them??

Anyadvise greatly apreciated

Yes, they're trying to get you to ring them. Ignore them until the learn to behave in a civilised manner and write to you properly.

In the unlikely event that someone turns up, tell them to go away. If they make a nuisance of themselves, call the police.

I just love how they use the word "contacting" What does that mean?

Doorstep visit?

Phone call?

Via a medium :)?

If by some miracle they actually turn up on your doorstep, you are well within your rights to tell them to foxtrot oscar and if they refuse to leave, call the cops.

DO NOT ring them

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I wonder what colour their doorstep collectors are?

I have seen Mr Brown, Mr White and Mr Green on letters over the years, but have never had any of them at my door.

I wouldn't worry too much about it at the moment. Sound like they are on a phishing expedition at the moment.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

I wonder what colour their doorstep collectors are?

I have seen Mr Brown, Mr White and Mr Green on letters over the years, but have never had any of them at my door.

I wouldn't worry too much about it at the moment. Sound like they are on a phishing expedition at the moment.

I think we'll have "The Rainbow Coalition" next.

YOU NEVER have to deal with doorstep collectors -- there's plenty of threads explaining the legal right these people have (NONE) and if they attempt to call you can have them evicted for trespassing.

The Police will gladly remove them as well if required -- the chances are that these "doorstep collectors" will NEVER turn up.

As you read through these Forums you can see that the whole debt collection industry is mired in LIES, INTIMIDATION , HARASSMENT and all other sorts of Dog Poo.

NEVER EVER get scared by them -- that's their first tactic. If you remain in control you can usually see off the worst of these "people" like crappyquest and the like.

Cheers

jimbo

• 4 weeks later...
ive received this card as well and dont know what to do??!! did they visit??

I would ring them and ask what biscuits the agent would prefer, as well as if he likes normal or filtered coffee so that you can accomodate him.

Alternatively, send them this.

Dear Sirs

Re:− xxxxxxxxx

Important Notice Re Your Agents attending my home. DO NOT IGNORE.

Please note that I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing regarding this matter. As it is your intention to arrange a "doorstep call", I feel that it is necessary to draw your attention to the following:

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for certain people to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Please therefore take note that, I hereby revoke license under English Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so without my permission, you will then be liable to damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be conspiring in a trespass if you sent someone to visit me nevertheless. Any visits to my property may and will be recorded by me and may be used in evidence against your company and or your representative sent.

Please note that you will receive no further correspondence from me on this matter. You are to comply with my requests. Failure to take heed of the contents of the letter I have sent you will be at your own cost.

Yours faithfully

They are chancers, they have no legal right to call on you and probably won't. If they do tell them to go forth and multipy or you will call the Police and report them for trespass.

DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED by them.

ive received this card as well and dont know what to do??!! did they visit??

The first time I got one of these (from a 'Mr Money', no less) I fell for it and rang them. Must have got through to a newbie 'cos she was far too honest and told me they send these 'calling cards' purely to get people to ring in and use them when they don't know if they've the right address. I'd guess the chances of them turning up are slim to zero but, as above, if they do invite them to leave they have no rights.

thanks for the information, its been really helpful, ive been overly stressed. the problem is that since ive changed numbers they dont have other way of contacting me than coming at my door, and having read other threads, ive decided untill i can fully afford to repay my £400 pound debt around october, im avoiding contacting them early becase it seems they will hasrass none stop. but if they do come to my door this saturday i will accommodate them with tea and scones lol

thanks for the information, its been really helpful, ive been overly stressed. the problem is that since ive changed numbers they dont have other way of contacting me than coming at my door, and having read other threads, ive decided untill i can fully afford to repay my £400 pound debt around october, im avoiding contacting them early becase it seems they will hasrass none stop. but if they do come to my door this saturday i will accommodate them with tea and scones lol

1) Try not to stress

2) The fact they have caused stress shows the method works as a lot of people would immediately ring to try and sort it out, without realising that they have no right to call anyway

3) The £400 debt you owe, are there any late / missed payment charges included in that? If so you can claim them back and get the initial debt reduced

4) If they do turn up on Saturday, promise me that you will shove the scones in his or hers face, and then squirt squirty cream all over them, at the same time as recording it on a camera, and then post it on here so that I can laugh my socks off

5) If you have some money spare and you are certain that you owe it, pay what you can in the meantime to the OC at a rate that you can afford