• Tweets

• Hello, Can someone advise if the attached is a valid charge please?  I had parked in the car park and paid but then got delayed and have ended up with a ticket for parking longer than I should have done.   I know they will refuse the appeal but is this charge enforceable?   Charge Notice.pdf
    • The dealer is called Carwise in Epping. It's not the most established of premises. When i was there i'd say there was about 10-15 cars inside and an office. I've seen these reviews of them which seem to replicate my experience. https://www.cardealerreviews.co.uk/dealership/hr-autos-epping-essex-england (note previous name). It's quite worrying.    
    • To me, it isn't just about social distancing and hygiene measures. I'm far from the first to say it but until there's a reliable track and trace system, I don't think this can be managed properly.   Children may not suffer as much as adults, although some do, they can be asymptomatic and pass on the virus to the rest of the family.   https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/lockdown-david-king-second-wave-18739973
    • When will most schools actually re-open in September ?   And when they open, will they be providing teaching over the number hours 9am to 3pm  ?   I am thinking of the school I attended, which was a large Victorian building, with many modern extensions.  The classrooms which could accommodate about 35 Children elbow to elbow, will only be able to accommodate 20 at the most with any reasonable distancing.   Or does the whole class  of say 35 stay in a bubble and the teachers move around to teach the different subjects ?    I can see many schools opening later in September, not for all pupils for all days and not doing the full hours.   This is going to be very difficult to manage for all those concerned, including parents looking to return to work.     
    • Hi.   If you do a search of our forums you will find other people who've had trouble with Marquis. Sadly people don't always update their threads with the final result.   Scroll up this page to the red strip at the top, and type Marquis into the white search box on the right.   HB
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
GrahamSopp

HSBC took me overdrawn

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3655 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A little over a year ago I opened an HSBC business account as I had been made redundant and was setting up on my own. I only have one client, based in Malta and I know they use HSBC, so I thought it may come in handy.

I also opened a Barclays account, which comes with financial software, training packages etc.

Anyway the HSBC was free banking so I just left it there.

After 12 months they charge for the CC, £32. However they don't put this charge on your CC statement, oh no. they take it from your bank account. The account with £0 in it.

So I get the statement and it says I owe £32 plus £24 O/D charges.

I visit the local branch.

Spoke to a small business advisor, who said she calls her customers after 11 months if they are not using their CC and arranges for it to be cancelled. of course no one had rung me.

She told me if I paid the £32 they would refund the £24. I did, and they did.

I have now received a statement, confirming the above, but with another £128 O/D charges. So I go back.

These are charges between the time of the statement and the account going back to zero.

Obviously the precedent has been set with the first refund, but if it's over £100 they have a lot more paperwork to do.

Today I have received two calls from HSBC, one at 08:00:eek: so I assume the branch haven't sorted this, and I also assume my account being £128 overdrawn is now going £8 a day further under.

I just want them to go away.

I assume if i pay the £128 they will loose interest in me, so there is no chance of it being refunded, but even if I did, I would be back in this situation next month.

How do you get out of this loop?

Wish I had looked on this website before I started with them:-(

any advice?

A little over a year ago I opened an HSBC business account as I had been made redundant and was setting up on my own. I only have one client, based in Malta and I know they use HSBC, so I thought it may come in handy.

I also opened a Barclays account, which comes with financial software, training packages etc.

Anyway the HSBC was free banking so I just left it there.

After 12 months they charge for the CC, £32. However they don't put this charge on your CC statement, oh no. they take it from your bank account. The account with £0 in it.

So I get the statement and it says I owe £32 plus £24 O/D charges.

I visit the local branch.

Spoke to a small business advisor, who said she calls her customers after 11 months if they are not using their CC and arranges for it to be cancelled. of course no one had rung me.

She told me if I paid the £32 they would refund the £24. I did, and they did.

I have now received a statement, confirming the above, but with another £128 O/D charges. So I go back.

These are charges between the time of the statement and the account going back to zero.

Obviously the precedent has been set with the first refund, but if it's over £100 they have a lot more paperwork to do.

Today I have received two calls from HSBC, one at 08:00:eek: so I assume the branch haven't sorted this, and I also assume my account being £128 overdrawn is now going £8 a day further under.

I just want them to go away.

I assume if i pay the £128 they will loose interest in me, so there is no chance of it being refunded, but even if I did, I would be back in this situation next month.

How do you get out of this loop?

Wish I had looked on this website before I started with them:-(

any advice?

First of all STOP dealing with the branch. This is all because of your Commercial Credit Card and the Branch (even the Commercial Managers) are NOT trained in Comm Cards and are useless for any issues relating to them.

Call the Commercial Credit Card line - the number should be shown on your card/statement. The Comm Card fee of £32 is charged in advance, for the year to come - if the card has been closed, this WILL be refunded by the Comm Card team if you request it, the branch should never have asked you to pay it in the first place.

You need to then explain that the Branch refunded the £24 to put a stop to this, but due to BANK ERROR, neglected to wipe the 'charges to date'.

The person you speak to will need to get authority from a team leader, but it shouldn't be a problem as Comm Cards team are well used to the Branch messing up with all issues relating to them. The overall result should be that they refund the £32 that you paid, refund the £128 new od fees as they are only due to Branch error....and most importantly, double check that they are wiping any further charges and interest 'to date' to stop the vicious circle.

So overall, you should be left with £32 credit in your current account :D

If the person you speak to refuses or is unhelpful then ask to speak to their supervisor (incase you've got through to a newbie) - as this is standard policy and DEFINITELY should be done. I know this for certain because I work in Commercial Cards for HSBC lol.

Good Luck, let me know what happens :)