blueone

mortgage shortfall....please advise

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3665 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Last year my house was repossessed. June of this year (2010) I received a letter from Lloyds stating the house had been sold in January and that I have a mortgage shortfall of 23142.72.

Although I responded to their letter I did not make them an offer. I simply asked them to write off the debt due to ill health and in no financial position to ever pay off the debt - obviously they refused this. In their second letter they suggested I make repayments of £100 per month which is more than I could ever afford.

I wrote to them again - I claimed that the repayment was unreasonable and unmanagable I also threw in a few questions:

Have they made a claim on any mortgage indemnity insurance - they stated these had ceased in 2005 - is this true?

They also told me the property was sold under private treaty - what does this mean in plain english?

I also asked in my last letter if the property had been let since repossession - they stated that letting is not allowed during possession and subsequent sale. However, they claim the house was sold in January 2010 yet I know people had moved into the property in Nov/Dec 09 - So unsure of this situation.....ideas, advice?

This was a joint mortgage - I asked if they were also pursuing my ex partner for the shortfall but they have failed to answer this question....advice?

They now have said that they will meet me half way and will accept £50 per month. Again this would mean I would be paying out more than I receive in a month....I do have other debts.

Another thing that concerns me is that with their last letter they have attached another letter stating that that THEY refer to my offer to make repayments etc, etc and (they) would confirm the following,

You (meaning myself) have agreed to make 12 payments of £50 per month and 12 months thereafter...........

........the letter goes on to suggest I had made an offer.

Anyways, any advice on what to do next and answers to the above would be great. Thanks for your time in reading and look forward to all your replies.