• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

On the debt collectors side

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well said Hallibutt. Summed it all up really well. :D

When they DCA's realise that they are the problem and not the solution, then the better off everyone will be.

After all, nobody chooses to be in debt and struggling to live. When DCA's realise that and make a genuine effort to work with people, instead of lie to them and threaten them, they would find more people happy to pay what they can afford each month.

I doubt the industry will change though. They are too set in their ways and are are always trying to justify it to anyone who will listen. The ones who will listen are few, and it's long overdue that this parasite industry that happily preys on people who have through no fault of their own, fallen on hard times, vanishes once and for all.

• Haha 1

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most debt recovery companies ACTUALLY are very reasonable, they will freeze interest if not reduce it. Some do and some don't but most add fantasy charges of their own, most mention the word "client" in order to sound legally savvy and others imply that bailiffs will come around and remove goods... conveniently forgetting that they would need a CCJ first, which would need to be defaulted on.... :rolleyes: The reason companies refuse to reduce to freeze or reduce interest is when people send in financial statements and 'blag' it by over exaggerating their expenditure just so they do not have to re pay increased amounts to clear their debts. Is that so? Some DCAs must have a fine psychic ability then, since several that I know of added charges and interest before I had the chance to correspond back with an offer... We would all like to take a £8k loan and credit card, spend the money and pay £10 a month unfortuntely thats not the case. We would all actually like to be in a postion where we don't need the money in the first place... Most people I encounter are not bothered about defaults on theie credit file they just want to pay as little as possible. You're probably right, but I doubt it started off that way. When the loan/cc was applied for, most people make repayments on time, etc... it's ony when life goes t*ts up, that your scenario kicks in.

Another annoying thing is people seem to think if there is no credit agreement the debt does not stand... it stands but is unenforceable, which amounts to the same thing in my book...;) at the end of the days were all adults, you've borrowed the money, stop trying to 'wangle' your ways out of it and re pay what you owe as QUICKLY as possible. Why... when companies lke yours can't be *rsed to get the paperwork that goes with the purchase? That kind of stupidness is bad business, sorry.

Bank charges again, we ALL know if we go over the overdraft limit WE GET CHARGES its common knowledge MOST banks if its a genuine error or a first time they will refund you. Persistant offenders should not be allowed to CONSTANTLY get away with refunds. Just because "we all know" this and that doesn't make it right or fair. The charges are/have been wholly disproportionate and that's why CAG was born in the first place.

In term ive also been in financial difficulty and in fact prior to me starting work in debt recovery had the stereotypical view that all debt recovery agents are w****rs. At the baby-faced age of 27, you haven't even lived yet Honey! :D But from starting there and dealing with people who when your trying to help swear down the phone, dont listen to what you say, and are quite simply trying to scab any possible way to not pay what they owe. I'll have to take your word for that one.... but I've had a fair few agents in your line of work try and tell outright lies in order to get increased payments. They have also come across on a power trip and been incredibly rude.

I personally disagree with customers being patronised down the phone, swore at and even threatened, blinkered... there may be the odd case of being spoke to in a aggresive or over assertive manner but nothing as to some posts ive read. You're funny... :lol: TCF guidelines make sure of that. guidelines don't mean a jot.... take a closer look at the industry you're in... :cool:

Regards

:lol:

• Haha 1

In my opinion debt managementlink3.gif companies and cab are to blame for claiming laws that dont exist.

to blame for what?

making things a lot more difficult for DCAs? unfortunately for you the laws do exist and the DCAs know it! the law's a double edge sword. take a look at the following: http://www.francisbennion.com/pdfs/f...974-s127-3.pdf

you've kicked the hornet's nest, now go back to your littleoffice tomorrow and tell them all about it..who knows, with things so bad in the DCA world at the moment you may even be asking for a little guidance yourself in a month or two..

i think i need to record another number 1 hit

Go for it Huggy. You've been away for far too long. ;)

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

1ST 8 LINES DONE

Oh the MOORCROFT Stage is a-rollin' BACK over the plains

With the DEFAULTS flappin' and the LAWLOR RACKING HIS BRAINS

A beautiful sky, a wonderful day

JUDGE CRACKED-away, JUDGE CRACKED-away, JUDGE CRACKED-away

Oh the MOORCROFT Stage is a-headin' BACK over the hills

AFTER THEY PAID THERE FINE AND EVEN PAID MY BILLS

NICE LITTLE MAN SAID I DON'T HAVE TO PAY

So HIP HIP HORRAY, HIP HIP HORRAY , HIP HIP HORRAY

• Haha 1

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Just out of interest Jordon1983, why have you come to CAG? To help or to patronise?

I look after my wife who has serious learning disabilities amongst a number of other things...some of them very serious.

I do not try to wangle my way out of paying any debt, if & that is a big IF, I can come to an arrangement that is acceptable then the creditor gets paid.

Most of the DCA's we have had dealings with are un-reasonable, rude and the rest, we ask a simple question of each....do you have a CCA? To which is answer is no or try to fob us off with one that is un-enforceable.

If a DCA can provide proof that we owe them money then WE will tell them what we can afford to pay every month, if they don't like it then DCA has two options....like it or take us to court if you have the paperwork!

Looks to me like Jordan's gripe is that people not paying what he thinks is enough is affecting his monthly commission.

i ask you all again If someone owed your mother £8k they worked ft earned £1200 rent £450 and offered you £10 a month would you

If my mother loaned someone £8000 and was charging interest she would go to jail because only banks with credit licences can generate infinite amount of cashs by creating loans with money they don't actually have, on the simple premise of someone signing an alleged document to say they will repay it.

If she told me she'd bought £8000 worth of debt for £800 in the hope of making a fast profit, I'd say Hell mend you for gambling. DCA's speculate (sometimes on borrowed money) to buy these accounts for pennies in the full knowledge repayment. is going to be slow, difficult and sometimes impossible. Otherwise they wouldn't be getting sold and at that price in the first place..

I'd ask her if she had all the legal paperwork to prove this situation because if she hasn't and the person is a member of CAG or any other forum and knows their rights she's going to get her **** kicked and Hell mend her.:D:D

Finally I'd tell her she can chance taking the case to court, an option open to any DCA and also used. In court it may be revealed that the person has another £2 per month to spare, or she is awarded £5 less than the person initially offered , by a judge who doesn't award costs and she's now stuck with that decision and the added costs. And Hell mend her:lol::lol:

It has been mentioned on Credit Today that a number of smaller DCA's have went under with fears for more to come:D:D. All of these companies will probably leave a number of unpaid bills and debts behind them.

Perhaps its time the original poster crawled back to the Credit Today Forum where he can post to his hearts content with the other 7 regular posters who gripe about all the bad immoral debtors in this world.

Time to get back into your Matrix, Jordon.

I think dcas are getting bitter due to us starting to learn out rights. Less comming in less agents needed as going caput.

When a dca rings and the first thing he/she before even telling me what account is for threatens bankrupcy and to take my house, I now can swich off. They ask for I and E and reqested even hospital consultant letter to which funny enough the pleb on the phone always said they didnt receive, forgetting one was handed in in person;)

They threaten to take a house adn make me bankrupt and rather than feeling like jumping off a cliff, I now confidently tell them hang on house is council they might have something to say and bankrupcy, if you are not happy with regular fair payment then tell me the date.

Oh of course they then dont want to take you to court or bankrupcy and pretend not to have threatened it. So when I insist on my date as now had it in letter form also, they say they dont want to do that and accept a regular payment.

They dont want to accept any reasonable payment, bearing in mind the ammount is more than was being paid on the accoutn when running fine:confused: I then ask them why they sent letter perporting to be from an institution adn they answer the phone. I ask even why they havnt been introduced to me officially and suddenly they get anxious as realise the calls have been recorded.

They start to give you the dca lecture on law of recording conversations, whihc is okay as its being recorded adn only further points out how dim they are.

So due to institutions treating people who want to come to reasonable agreement like poo on a shoe, they end up with less, TOUGH.

I will never forget one dca ringing me up when recovering from seizure adn I apologised for being one day late:confused: due to just comming our of hosipital. I unfortunately said they were not the only account I was slightly late with adn the reply was I can see we are a sister company and to save you hastle, we can take the payment for them and transfer it over. I niavely thanked them and accepted the offer. To find out three months later that it was bull shi* as when rang them to point out therir error they said I had rung to volunteer some extra money that month, hhmmmmmm thats after just comming home from hospital after nearly pegging it, shucks, I must be more organised than I thought. I know I do odd things during some seizures, buy hey paying debts must be a first.....

Anotherwords they are sh*** that prey on the vulnerable and are therefore responsible for their own downfall. You should be angry at the banks and loan sharks who mislead people and think they can carry on fobbing them off. As a result of the way they treat me, I stopped all payments. Recording the call helped;)

Something tells me young dca here is watching the redundancy notices intently and needs to sound off. Fine but in future if all you have to do is insult people, go and use a mirror. Works a treat xxx

'On the debt collectors side'

Left, right or back:lol:

Must also pee you off when realise how badly difficient your data bases are!! Lots of wrong numbers to accounts and when told wrong address you still harass. aarghHH got to get it out of your system I suppose.

Bet you wish true call hadnt been invented:lol::lol::lol:

my point being if people on here told the true stories re their grievances then you'd understand.

I will give you a true story:

2008 letter from cabot asking for money. Sent off cca request. 2 years later yes 2 years they send a load of statements.

Wrote back and said it was not what I asked for and asked for credit agreement. Cabot reply that they have fullfilled their obligation. And as far as they are concerned they have the account so it must be mine.

Wrote again asking for agreement and once again they said I have all I need to have. Sent them an account in dispute letter and in reply got a letter from their pre-littigation department saying if I did not withing 14 days they would start court proceedings. Wrote and told them they could not pursue debt as it is in dispute got a letter back saying their "investigations" show that it is not a disputed account.

so you see Jordon dca's never listen and all they do is give people a hard time. Some of your remarks on here have been nasty and offensive.

Some people arent " cant pays " or " wont pays" but " already have bloody paids" :mad: and are being pursued for debts made up entirely of illegal charges and interest on those charges . Let me ask you a question Mr. DCA guy ....would you pay nearly £1000 for a £200 loan ?.......WOULD YOU ?....

OK Jordan you have had the guts to stick your head over the parapet, I have to admire you for that, so maybe you can answer me this?

People have stated that they are being constantly harassed and worn down by the bully boy tactics of constant telephone calls, so if a person is called and unable to pay at 08.00 surely they cannot pay at 10.00, 14.00, 16.00, 18.00 and 20.00? So why do companies insist on these never ending calls, and please don't blame the auto dialer's, which are programmed by humans?

Many people are struggling with debt for a variety of reasons many of which are out of their control, I would imagine that there are very few people who borrow money or build up debts with the intention of defaulting and turn to this site out of sheer desperation, so please do not generalise and criticise people.

Guest jsa12
Most collection companies wont from what i gather employ 'kids' as it is a demanding job.

perhaps they shouldn't get so stressed up then.

OK here goes! i've worked for a debt recovery company for 1 year and have been reading this forum for some time and in most cases I'm bemused at peoples comments to a unbelievable degree.

Most debt recovery companies ACTUALLY are very reasonable, they will freeze interest if not reduce it. The reason companies refuse to reduce to freeze or reduce interest is when people send in financial statements and 'blag' it by over exaggerating their expenditure just so they do not have to re pay increased amounts to clear their debts. We would all like to take a £8k loan and credit card, spend the money and pay £10 a month unfortuntely thats not the case. Most people I encounter are not bothered about defaults on theie credit file they just want to pay as little as possible.

Another annoying thing is people seem to think if there is no credit agreement the debt does not stand... at the end of the days were all adults, you've borrowed the money, stop trying to 'wangle' your ways out of it and re pay what you owe as QUICKLY as possible.

Bank charges again, we ALL know if we go over the overdraft limit WE GET CHARGES its common knowledge MOST banks if its a genuine error or a first time they will refund you. Persistant offenders should not be allowed to CONSTANTLY get away with refunds.

In term ive also been in financial difficulty and in fact prior to me starting work in debt recovery had the stereotypical view that all debt recovery agents are w****rs. But from starting there and dealing with people who when your trying to help swear down the phone, dont listen to what you say, and are quite simply trying to scab any possible way to not pay what they owe.

I personally disagree with customers being patronised down the phone, swore at and even threatened, there may be the odd case of being spoke to in a aggresive or over assertive manner but nothing as to some posts ive read. TCF guidelines make sure of that.

Regards

The more I read this the more I am convinced that Jordan 1983 , a 27 year old male debt collecting operative does not really exist and that is a cynical PR avatar creation , by the Dcas in order to further their arguments and undermine ours in other words this is one massive TROLL ATTACK by a piqued industry , must be getting to them !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks