On the debt collectors side

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AS you get older you will realise that you should not bring home your work with you , it will stress you out , and i am sure you are not getting paid enough , Blessed are the self righteous for they shall never be wrong .

Talking about getting paid. Can I ask what a DCA gets paid and what your commission is?

Sorry its personal, but its probably a question you ask people everyday.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Come on guys, this was staying very civilised. let's keep it that way please - meaning the posts about acting childishly

Talking about getting paid. Can I ask what a DCA gets paid and what your commission is?

Sorry its personal, but its probably a question you ask people everyday.

£50 per week if they are lucky - for the intelligence they show....:D:lol:

nah pompey i wasnt referring to your post one of the others.

PPIlink3.gif claims are a whole different ball game thats the creditors fault flr being target driven in selling it

3 cheers to you as you have just got one statement correct and target driven is the big word and the reason so many people are in debt the financial organisations obscene interest rates downright greediness in lending, credit chqs everything is geared to generate obscene profits.

The days customer was king has gone right out of the door customer service means nothing anymore

Many bank employees are poorly trained if trained at all this I have had first hand experience off.

Indeed the banks have a very long way to go before they regain my trust

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

JORDON, I am not sure what you set out to achieve on here tonight, but thanks must go to you from me and I am sure many others for taking the time and effort to confirm what we have all been saying about those who cannot get a better job, or are just thoroughly vindictive and down right nasty through and through, you are a DCA employee, thanks again for the great effort you have put into proving us all right in our assumptions.

Good night - I for one will sleep a satisfied sleep tonight.

fuzzybobble at least the people in Mcds have the get up and go to go work...

Showing true colours now Jordan. Typical DCA employee who instantly assumes everyone is a lazy bum who is on the dole and doesn't want to work.

Then you wonder why so many one here cannot take your comments and question avoidence seriously. :rolleyes:

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

JORDON, I am not sure what you set out to achieve on here tonight, but thanks must go to you from me and I am sure many others for taking the time and effort to confirm what we have all been saying about those who cannot get a better job, or are just thoroughly vindictive and down right nasty through and through, you are a DCA employee, thanks again for the great effort you have put into proving us all right in our assumptions.

Good night - I for one will sleep a satisfied sleep tonight.

here here i most go to need to blow the candles out saving money to go to kenya

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

One thing that has come across very clear is that jordan has not put across any solid arguments for a debt collection companies actions infact he has put across nothing we know already.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Theirs the Link again jordan have a good read over the next week or so then come back and tell us all if the DCA's actions are within thoses laws and valid.

PF

Theirs the Link again jordan have a good read over the next week or so then come back and tell us all if the DCA's actions are within thoses laws and valid.

PF

i do hope it's got pictures with it

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

I personally think Fuzzy has scared him off :p

I would love to know how much commission a phone monkey gets, I don't suppose I will ever find out, but it would explain why they resort to bullyboy tactics if their wage depends on how much they can extort from people.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

Andrew MacKinlay (Thurrock, Labour)

The purpose of this debate is to draw the House's attention to the abysmal state of debt collection methodology and the spirit governing it in the UK and the wholly inadequate safeguards for good and innocent people who are endeavouring to pay debt or who dispute it. It is a matter of fact that the debt collection industry relies on a combination of fear and ignorance to make a profit, and that is despicable.

Debt Collection (Consumer Credit Act): 22 Apr 2009: House of Commons debates (TheyWorkForYou.com)

Well Jordan, thankyou for making what may have been a boring Sunday night enjoyable.

I am not sure of your reasons for walking into the lions den unarmed. The only thing you have proven is that you know how to side step valid questions (ever thought of going into politics?) and that you have that DCA gift of being able to rub people up the wrong way. You should go a long way further down your career ladder with an attitude like yours. (that was not a typo).

I hope I have the pleasure of answering my phone to you one day. I will explain the law to you.

I hope I have the pleasure of answering my phone to you one day. I will explain the law to you.

Well there is no denying he has been given the opportunity to read it.

PF

Jordan,

Do you ever think it's possible that you could lose your job?

Do you ever foresee a time when you may not be able to make your regular payments towards your debt?

How understanding do you think other DCA's would be do you think?

Do you think they'd believe you when you say that you really want to pay but circumstances just won't allow it?

Don't you just wish that they'd treat you like you treat others?

I have to be frank and say, currently my prejudices against people in your profession feels entirely justified after reading this.

If this is the best the DCA's can do after all this time, then they're in for a rough time over the next few years. What with their constant bleatings on Credit Today and their silly and pointless award ceremony, then it's obvious they still try the same old business model that has now blown up in their faces in a big way.

The countdown has begun and one by one their parent companies will start pulling the plug on them. It's already starting. We're seeing buy outs. J2 Soloutions, Cattles, Hillesdens posting 2 million losses 2 years running.

It's only a matter of time, and time is on our side, not theirs.

• Haha 1

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

statute barred means its not enforceable in a court, its still pursuable though, i take it we all know that???

in my experiance as a debtor and as a collector offers of payment will be rejected if the advisor is unsatisfield with what the customer is saying, thats when the income and expenditure is needed.

at the end of the day dmcs deal with bought debt and client debt so imo they have a right to question peoples circumstances.

i ask you all again If someone owed your mother £8k they worked ft earned £1200 rent £450 and offered you £10 a month would you

a) ok agree it without question

b) delve into why they are only offering £10 pm

If my mother was a loan shark charging charging 20+% interest on debts she had bought for 20p in the pound , her name would be MA BAKER and I would have to tell her that if she gets nicked again , on principle I could not visit her in prison

• Haha 1

Jordan

Why should anyone trust a DCA when their tactics are these

BBC - Watchdog: Lowell - chasing debts

Why should anyone be polite to a person/company that try to make

an unsecured debt a secured one as in a charge against a property.

That isn't debt collection that is attempting to take a home from a

family/individual for nothing more than a creditcard debt. More like

persecution (plenty of examples found on this website)

Why if a company has been found to falsify documents by way of adding

a signature to a credit agreement that was not there before...why then

should anyone trust/do business with them ever again? (some examples

on this website)

What of a DCA that adds charges to an alleged debtors account that the DCA is not entitled do (plenty of examples on this website)

Why would/should anyone trust a DCA or want to do business them when that dca has been the subject of action by the Office of Fair Trading due to their breaching of the Guidelines (plenty of examples found on this website)

Personal circumstances of an individual set aside when there are heaving amounts of issues surrounding the underhanded, sometimes downright illegal activities/actions of Debt Collection Agencies should anyone trust them?

But perhaps the best way of judging it is that if DCA's treated people with courtesy/respect/honest and a degree of integrity this forum would not exist in it's current format (my opinion) because people in the majority would be happy to pay their debts if they could reach amicable agreements. Of course there are some that won't ever pay and don't ever want to but the vast majority of people want to pay what they owe but because of the methods most DCA's employ they simply haven't been able to reach agreement and so battle lines are drawn and hence Cag and the thousands upon thousands of members/posts.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Jordan,

I can understand the reasons for some of the things you have submitted to this thread. I do, however, think that you are sadly mistaken on many points.

People have given some very relevant examples of situations where they find it difficult to maintain payments of the levels demanded by DCAs.

Harrassed Senior's example was particularly pertinent and I do feel so bad for him/her in their current situation. Surely, when someone is suffering genuine hardship through no fault of their own, any reasonable organisation, DCA or not, would consider some kind of amicable agreement - even if only short-term? It benefits both parties in the long run as the debtor gets breathing space to be able to sort their finances out and the creditor eventually gets paid the sum that they assert is owed.

People's examples of income/expenditure here seem to have passed you by - especially the idea of £12.50 per child per week - you may now be in the privileged position of not having to cover expenses for dependents, however, one day you may be. I hope that when that day comes, you'll remember this thread and have slightly more sympathy for what people have said.

On the matter of income and expenditure, maybe you would be kind enough to give us your thoughts on the following:

Male, mid-40s on Disability Allowance after suffering two life-threatening illnesses. After 18 months, he is desperate to return to work and therefore goes to his GP and requests to be signed as being fit for work. The GP is concerned about this, but relents.

During this time, five DCAs are all demanding a minimum of £20 per month each - £100 out of a total income of £320. Nearly a third of income.

Question: Could you afford to pay 1/3 of your income each month, before bills, living costs, etc?

The Government, via the DWP states in all income correspondence with those on benefits: "You will receive £xx per week, which is the minimum amount that the government believes you need to live on."

So, out of that minimum, DCAs would expect a person on benefits to pay out 1/3 of it to all creditors?

That is the reason why, when many people are CCJ'd, that a magistrate or judge rules that a payment of between £1 and £5 per month is payable. It is a reasonable judgement and is quite simply unnafordable otherwise, no matter what your bosses may tell you.

Not everyone is out to "fiddle the system" - most of us would love to be able to work/earn enough to be able to pay back any and all monies owed. However, with the tactics used by most DCAs, this does become impossible. Sometimes people get 20 - 30 phone calls a day from the same company. Their employers are phoned, their family and sometimes even their neighbours. Do you not think that should be classed as harassment?

How about letters that purport to advise that court action is imminent, when the DCA has no legal right to assert such, nor to carry out that threat without a court ruling? Isn't that bending the truth at best? At worst, it's lying, bullying and scare-mongering.

How about threats of illegal doorstep visits that contain the thinly veiled threat that bailiffs will arrive, when bailiffs can only turn up as a result of a court order? Again, Isn't that bending the truth at best? At worst, it's lying, bullying and scare-mongering.

If you truly believe that your own company does not use any of these tactics, then presumably they'll be the one whose tender is accepted by a very cooperative lender. Unless, of course, they are found to be morally bankrupt - a condition far worse than being financially bankrupt.

I thought I was lucky when my brother got me a job in a violin factory in Bow - he pulled a few strings. I decided not to stay though, as it seemed that everyone was on the fiddle.

Flippant, I know, but my point is that to the average debtor, it seems like most DCAs are on the fiddle. If you were faced with being conned out of more money than you owed, wouldn't you seek advice?

That is what organisations such as CAG are for. It's genuine advice for those in need, and shouldn't be a platform for criticism of the vulnerable by DCAs or any other bodies.

I would hope that you'll take my points as being constructive and maybe think a while about how those who are genuinely suffering hardship should be treated in the future.

• Haha 2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks