On the debt collectors side

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

bank chargeslink3.gif again, we ALL know if we go over the overdraftlink3.gif limit WE GET CHARGES its common knowledge MOST banks if its a genuine error or a first time they will refund you. Persistant offenders should not be allowed to CONSTANTLY get away with refunds.

Jordan,

You have a lot to learn and that includes the laws than govern, furthermore if financial organisations cannot be bothered to keep all original signed documents and lets face it with todays technology its not a hard thing to do they would not be facing the problems they do now.

I have it on record than MBNA bin agreements after scanning them onto microfiche.

As for bank charges I had a successful claim back in 2007 just before it all went to court the bank paid out although they used the term in goodfaith and no admittance of liability.

If that was the case and if they where so sure they did no wrong they WOULD NOT HAVE PAID OUT OVER £4000.

But the point is they did so in my book and many peoples here they made a financial wrong.

Now we go forward a bit after this payout and they continue taking money from my account.

Read into that as you wish, but I believe they where totally wrong to continue taking funds earmarked for priority debts knowing that they had in my book admitted a financial wrong.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What i was getting at people cry wolf over being harrassed etc, now what would they do if someone owed them money???????

We don't owe the idiots on the phone money. We may owe big companies money - assuming they have an enforcable agreement.

I personally, had a run in with AK 2 weeks ago. They were trying to bully me into paying a stat barred debt. The fool on the phone tried to tell me that the stat barred clock started from the date the default was registered.

My OH quoted the law to the numbskull on the phone and low and behold, yesterday, I got a letter telling me it was stat barred and a promise that the acc was closed.

If DCA's were trained properly then maybe they could do their jobs without the bullyboy tactics!

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

ok flip side you someone owes you £8k you work full time you receive £1200 per month your rents £450 yet your only getting £10 per month.... Honestly now what would you say?

Be very careful here - we all know that the 'money' doesn't exist until it's loaned. You'll know that from your training, right?

So, it's not a question of whether you pay me £10 a month to help me meet my personal needs. It's a question of whether you can spare £10 a month from your personal needs to make the company you loaned from a profit.

Let's be clear with our emotions, as these are used against those in debt - hence the harassment.

Now, Jordan, what do you say to those that can't pay you £10, when you want £20?

I do think there are good debt collectors out there - in fact, some very good ones. I used to be one. It's very ususual to get one coming to CAG with respectable motives, however.

Oh and we don't feed trolls, should you be one. :rolleyes:

Firstly HuffandPuff i never mentioned 'all posts' did i?

Secondly it does not know what age you are does it - and people use that as a stereotypical way of not discussing there details.

At the end of the day Income and expedniture is simple everyone surely knows what money they receive in and what they pay out, I ve worked that out every month since i was 18 and started working. BUT people think they can offer rwhat they want instead of recognising the money they themselves have spent

organisations like the cab have a habit of saying 'pay a £1 and they cant do anything' which is obviously untrue.

now dont get me wrong you will get the odd 'bad call' where there is conflict. but the bottom line is people exagerate there expenditure. This month alone ive spoke to people in Portugal, Spain and Mexico who are paying £1 a month yet are on holiday. People have a right to live and enjoy themselves but the people who blantently take the mick are the one who come on here wining about how hard done by they are and personally i find it disgusting.

The CAB may well say as quoted above, but who actually decides what is paid if you take your case to Court and win, A DISTRICT JUDGE!!!!!

DCAs have no Legal right to any individuals Income and Expenditure, and I believe that not only does them (the DCA) requesting this information, actual break the law, but it breaks a persons' Human Rights to Privacy. You, as the DCA do not have any kind of signed permission to mess around with our Data, but you (the DCAs) continually do so, despite several warnings from the Information Commissions' Office. You admit above that you request the said information by saying that people lie. What actually gives you the right to make such a comment?

In the past I have dealt with numerous DCAs, I am a literate, God fearing person who was brought up with good manners, and a good education, hence the reason I can type a letter with decent punctuation, and spelling etc. If we are going to sterotype people, from your posts I can see that this is not the case with you, who dares to sit in judgement on 'us'!

I take great exception to what you are writing about 'us' ie people who have fallen on hard times for whatever reason whether members of CAG or not. There is no 'I belong' badge attached to membership of CAG, and you know if you dislike the comments on here, I am sure you know only too well that we are in the minority who 'dare' to try and take back our own lives, the majority still believe the lies and threats you send out daily to hundreds and thousands of people - your letters DO lie, but their content on the paper does not - take a good look on this site and see the threatening and lying contained in the correspondence from the very people you are trying to defend and represent.

I pity you. Get some moral fibre and do a job you can be proud of, like helping the less fortunately people of this earth.

statute barred means its not enforceable in a court, its still pursuable though, i take it we all know that???

in my experiance as a debtor and as a collector offers of payment will be rejected if the advisor is unsatisfield with what the customer is saying, thats when the income and expenditure is needed.

at the end of the day dmcs deal with bought debt and client debt so imo they have a right to question peoples circumstances.

i ask you all again If someone owed your mother £8k they worked ft earned £1200 rent £450 and offered you £10 a month would you

a) ok agree it without question

b) delve into why they are only offering £10 pm

im very interested in peoples responses to this

Secondly it does not know what age you are does it - and people use that as a stereotypical way of not discussing there details.

At the end of the day Income and expedniture is simple everyone surely knows what money they receive in and what they pay out, I ve worked that out every month since i was 18 and started working. BUT people think they can offer rwhat they want instead of recognising the money they themselves have spent

Thought you said you worked in the industry? You don't seem to grasp the concept of 'hard times' even the UK as a whole cannot balance it's books and is borrowing from Peter to pay Paul....what of a person when they lose their job or fall ill and their income's reduced? How are they to maintain payments on their usual outgoings? Something has to give and given a choice by Debts would and always have been last on the list to pay....

You're deluded and I'm unsubscribing from the post, you're boring.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

ok flip side you someone owes you £8k you work full time you receive £1200 per month your rents £450 yet your only getting £10 per month.... Honestly now what would you say?

I'd say it's not your business, or that of any DCA. You seem to forget that you have no legal authority, and if someone tells you that they don't wish to speak to you, you'll just have to suck it up. But you won't - you'll ring and ring, because harassment is one of your basic methods.

People have all sorts of other legitimate expenses, such as food, clothing, council tax, fuel, travel, utilities and so on - but it's still not your business.

In common with most DCAs, you assume that everyone is a 'won't pay' rather than a 'can't pay'. This is not surprising, because the business model of all DCAs in this country is based upon commission-based collections and non-compliance.

You take a moralistic stand, so perhaps you'll explain why it's all so one-sided. If debtors have a moral duty to repay, don't lenders have a moral duty to ensure that their documentation complies with legislation, and don't DCAs have a moral duty to comply fully with legal and regulatory rules?

Perhaps

It that is the case how come you got into debt?

Jordan,

A simple and straight question for you.

How many debts that your company either buys or is instructed to collect carries out checks first to see if they are reasonably disputed.

I ask this question because I am in this situation and I strongly suspect many thousands of people are too due to payment protection insurance.

What gives a DCA the right to collect and harass people on a daily basis when there is a clear dispute which amounts to a 'vis' a 'vis' as per the UTCCR 1999

• Haha 1

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I worked every day from when I was 16, doing a very well paid, very worthwhile job, that benefited society and which I loved. Then I became to disabled to work and am now housebound. That's why I got into debt. Believe me, I would give anything to get my health back n go back to work.

Maybe you should think about that. I mean actually think about it. Because it can happen to anyone. Even you.

Ask yourself if you could pay everything you owe if you were disabled in an accident tomorrow. Then ask yourself how you would like to be treated by a DCA while trying to cope with disability.

Yes, income and expenditure is easily worked out. We ALL do it.

My point is though, my finances are personal and private to me and my husband, and they will never be divulged to anybody who does not have a legal right to see them.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

the co i work for ive not come across many ppi disputes.

the co i work for if there is a dispute the acct is placed on hold until whatever the dispute is is resolved.

bought debts are bought in bulk therefore not individually.

client debts are never passed to us if there is a ongoing dispute

the co i work for if there is a dispute the acct is placed on hold until whatever the dispute is is resolved.

So which is this paragon of compliance?

Blondie you miss the point if you read my post Ive also been in fin difficulty before and therefore see 2 sides to the argument.

And im explaining the side from a debt collector who has been in fin diff and experienced most of what people on here are commenting on.

When having chased someone for a debt and they are not in a position to pay and you are required to justify your failure in not meeting your targets for that day to your line manager do you say to them "Ive also been in fin difficulty before and therefore see 2 sides to the argument".

Do you explain to them the side from a debtor's point of view.

As I see it my problem is not with DCA's being rude or turning the screw to get paid. My problem is the ethics of what they stand for. Ok so a guy loses his job and cannot pay up. If his situation doesn't improve his debt is sold off to a DCA. Thhe creditor writes it off and gets tax relief on the full amount. He the sells it for peanuts to some scrooge who tries to cane the life out of some poor sod who lost his job. They paid a couple of hundred quid for the debt and insist poor joe bloggs pays 5 grand or loose his house. This may not always be the case but it is the norm even if he doesn't loose his house his stress levels go through the roof. There is nothing morally right about a DCA's job. DCA's prey on peoples misfortunes and the sooner it is stopped the better for all. Creditors should be made to do their own collecting and it they write it off that should be the end of it. Why should a bank claim tax back on a bad debt that is being collected by someone else.

Totally agree with this.

The majority of people who can't pay is through a change in circumstance or misfortune. In any event, the lending institutions bring this upon themselves. If you fall on hard times and ask for a reduction in payment or some kind of help, they refuse anyway.

Dca's use scare tactics, lies and any other complete tosh they can think of to get you to pay more than you can afford. The industry is a disgrace - I'm so glad you're happy to be part of it Jordan. I hope you sleep well at night - oh, you probably do, because the debt collection industry in general are a bunch of mindless morons who don't give a stuff......:x

i ask you all again If someone owed your mother £8k they worked ft earned £1200 rent £450 and offered you £10 a month would you

a) ok agree it without question

b) delve into why they are only offering £10 pm

im very interested in peoples responses to this

£1200 - £450 = £750

Utility bills £200

Food £400

Travel £100

Incidentals £100

Kids pocket money/breakfast club money/ after school clubs etc £100

Ooooops looks like I can't even afford £10 pm

You get the point?

Jordan,

Have you read the laws word for word and taken it on board instead of believing what your managers tell you.

Here you go some reading for you

Acts of the UK Parliament

PF

and thats what your told to say

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

So which is this paragon of compliance?

Be nice, this guy is a DCA :eek:;)

A few final points and then I too am un-subscribing:

Have you ever though of Politics, you avoid just about every direct question!

Perhaps you can tell ME then what I should be spending my money on to cope with Chemotherapy, travelling daily for that, whilst at the same time bringing up my 22 month old granddaughter, because my daughter of 24 has just been killed, and whilst explaining this in detail with supporting evidence to every DCA that wanted to know, I was still called a lier HOW DO YOU OR YOUR BUDDIES KNOW I am lying, story too far fetched, NO JUST REAL LIFE!!

I am not going to read any more of your trash.

• Haha 2

well if your unwilling to co operate personally (even if i didnt work in dmc) you can hardly complain about being called to make re arrangements.

in my instance i got in to debt when i lived with m ex partner we consolidated and consolidated and the debts got out of control.

admittadly at first i was called and called and refused to pay as i had better things to spend my wage on, but then after 6 months i realised i had to pay my debts off. I didnt request cred agreements, i didnt offer £1 a month i sent in everything my 5 creditors (barclaycard, halifax x2 everyday lending and nat west) asked for and have been paying back a reasonable amount to them.

my point being yes the banks should in my opinion be miles miles more stricter on lending but at the end of the day people slate dmcs at the end of the day if people stood up were responsible and deal with the situation themselves and the country would be in a better state

So when you bulk buy how do you know which debts are disputed?

Do you just open the box, take the first name on the list, and ring them?

What process do you go through in checking the validity of what you have been sold?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks