Credit Security Limited HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all just found this web site & looks like its just what i need iv been getting letters form this CSL for a few months now & done nothing about it just a few days ago i got a letter saying

You have disregarded numerous requests for settlement

Unless we receive payment at this office by NOON 6th Aug 10 a claim will be prepared for issue in the AYLESBURY COUNTY COURT (ECT)

Any judgement given will be enforced by the Court Bailiff

so i phoned them up the money owed says £383 i told them that im on benefit after a number of years bad fits i only get £170 a fornight she told me to hang on just afew secs later came back and told me if i payed £135 by the 5th Aug that will be it done & dusted how can they ask for £383 and come back with 70% off in secs

can anyone give me a bit of advice sould i just let it go & if so what will happen r sould i some how try & pay this £135 they asked for r is there any way ov getting some much taking from my benefits every fornight

Any help would be appreciated

THKS

Hi and welcome.

First of all, if they are offering huge discounts this probably means that they do not have the correct paperwork to take this matter to Court.

My advice is to never telephone these people as you can never back up what they say, you might find if you paid the £135, they will deny what they said and still keep coming for more.

If you can let us know what kind of debt this is, ie Credit Card, Overdraft, Mobile phone etc. we can structure our advice accordingly.

Do not, at this stage be concerned by their threat of Court and Bailiffs, you would have to receive the Court papers which will give you a date for the hearing, where you can inform the judge of your income (and by the way he is the only person entitled to this information, not the dca). People on benefits are usually ordered to pay only what they can realistically afford which in many cases is £1 per month.

Assuming you keep up with the payments ordered, then there is absolutely nothing a DCA can do, the only way the bailiff would get involved would be for you to miss payments to Court then they could apply for a Warrant of Execution which would then bring in the Court Bailffs, so we are far from there at present.

If you answer the previous question, more structured help can be given.

• Haha 1

Hi harrassed senior the debt is a old bank account with LOYDS what went into the red a few years ago the account was closed & had no DCAs after the balance i had to move in Nov 09 as my flat was getting knocked down & now after 3years & a move i get this

THANKS ALOT 4 THE ADVICE

Has there been a 6 year period where you have not paid any money towards this debt or admitted to owing it in writing? If so, could be statute barred, so no enforceable in court, hence the discount being offered.

If not, what you could do, is send them a letter, just setting out your circumstances,i.e. benefits, ill health and having to move as flats lived in knocked down. BUT DO NOT ADMIT TO OWING THE DEBT. Ask them to supply FULL information from the original creditors Lloyds to evidence that the debt exists, to include statements and account terms/conditions. Plus also ask that you are supplied with the evidence that the debt is assigned legally to CSL, so you can be assured that they are legally entitled to act to collect the alleged debt.

Just keep the letter basic and send by recorded delivery. Keep proof of posting as you may need this later.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I cannot remember how long this debt period has been had so much going on the last few years but i do no that i did have a overdrawn account with LOYDS

BUT I DO NOT ADMIT TO OWING THE DEBT When i phoned up this CSL

Is there anyway ov finding out this INFO how long the debt has been up & running for as i have no letters/account num/ (ect) from this old account

THANKS FOR THE REPLYS :)

I cannot remember how long this debt period has been had so much going on the last few years but i do no that i did have a overdrawn account with LOYDS

BUT I DO NOT ADMIT TO OWING THE DEBT When i phoned up this CSL

Is there anyway ov finding out this INFO how long the debt has been up & running for as i have no letters/account num/ (ect) from this old account

THANKS FOR THE REPLYS :)

Yes you could send a request to Lloyds for the statements. Probably best as a subject access request under data protection, which will cost you a maximum of £10. You would send this request to the Lloyds bank head office for the attention of their Data Protection/Compliance officer.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks 4 the help

So if im getting this right the best thing to do at this moment of time is

(1) pay nothing to CSL

(2) request to Lloyds for a Subject access request as far as it goes back

(3) send CSL a letter setting out my circumstances,i.e. benefits (ect) for them to supply FULL information from the original creditors & that im supplied with the evidence that the debt is assigned legally to CSL

Would it be worth a CCA request? Cheaper than an SAR to begin with.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Thanks 4 the help

So if im getting this right the best thing to do at this moment of time is

(1) pay nothing to CSL

(2) request to Lloyds for a Subject access request as far as it goes back

(3) send CSL a letter setting out my circumstances,i.e. benefits (ect) for them to supply FULL information from the original creditors & that im supplied with the evidence that the debt is assigned legally to CSL

YES. Lloyds will have to 40 days to supply the SAR details. CSL should put matters on hold until they have the information from Lloyds, but they might not. Important to send letters by recorded delivery.

Would it be worth a CCA request? Cheaper than an SAR to begin with.

No, this is for an overdrawn account. Not a loan or credit card. Better to get all the info, even if it does costs £10.

Thanks again 4 all the help everyone has been a star :)

going to get the letters sent away to CSL & LOYDS right away this Subject access request is it just a matter ov me sending in a request & they get back 2 me on how to go about it & how 2 pay for the thing

This is the letter to send to Lloyds for the request. You enclose a cheque or postal order for the £10.

Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with all data that you hold on me. This includes in particular, but is not limited to, the following:-

1. The original signed, executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of default and at the time the account was opened.

2. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor

3. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account formerly held with ORIGINAL CREDITOR.

4. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you or the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

5. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

6. Details of any collection charges added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

7. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

8. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

9. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

10. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

print but don't sign your name

Lloyds won't send you the info in 40 days last time I asked for it it took them 167 days, I have asked for it recently and it once again has gone over the 40 days. Bunch of jokers!!!!

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

Thats a good point!

It is a shame that you contacted them.

Does it not have any account numbers or any indication of who they claim you owe the money to on the letter they sent out?

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

No m8 just Lloyds TSB No account numbers r any thing like that i no now it was a shame that i contacted them but just got a bit worried about it when i seen the words Court Bailffs on it but thats what they want i no that now but i did not own up to the debt & the only thing they got off me was my phone number but when they ring only a matter ov time b4 they do ill just let it ring & ring & ring(lol) im going to send away 4 the info from llyods & send that letter to CSL setting out my circumstances & see what comes about with that if all comes to nothing wait for the court papers 2 come (if they come) & i can set up a payment plan with the court

I no its not alot ov money its just the way they go about it

Guest Cartaphilus

I haven't anything to add to anything others haven't already advised on but was reading your thread as you bumped it up and it being CSL related. I saw you mention that you were on benefits.

they asked for r is there any way ov getting some much taking from my benefits every fornight

Nope, there is not and not because they suggest it, either. They shouldn't even be asking you that either but here we go with yet another DCA 'hinting' to a debtor the wrong.

Under no circumstances let any DCA or creditor have details of your benefits. At all. Once they obtain those you may find they remove far more than is 'agreed' but once 'agreed' you may also find it's extremely difficult to stop them, leaving you in far dire straits than you are already trying to survive on what amount would not feed a dog for a month let alone a human being on a healthy diet. CSL wouldn't care less if that was the case here, either. I am sure you won't do that but just thought to mention it as I saw you had posted about some money being paid from your benefits.

In other words, they can sod off asking you those things. Also, don't believe what they tell you on the phone, as they just want you to believe they can do certain things when they can't.

Lastly, I wouldn't even tell them your health situation, either. It's not been unknown for any of them to use this against a debtor eg to harass you. If you are having 'bad fits' as you say then I don't need to say how or what would affect you. They are not stupid, these people and they know what they are doing. The facts are you are on a low income, regardless of the reason why - also, have you looked into getting a disability benefit because I am sure you would or must qualify for one under 'fits' though I won't ask you directly what those are as those could be anything in nature but I would think about asking about disability benefits if they are affecting you that badly as you say - and they don't need to know that information at this stage.

Guest Cartaphilus

Actually, as I can't edit that post now, I accidentally surmised you were on JSA when you might be on a disability benefit anyway but can't edit that out. However, there are laws BTW which protect people (and I have read a few things on here in this direction about certain health conditions and harassment from a DCA or creditor affecting your health, fits being quite a serious one I should think) from this kind of harassment. As I said, can't edit that post so apologies for perhaps incorrectly assuming you were on JSA. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that m8 i am on ICS & trying to get DLA going just have 2 see what come back form the DWP but Under no circumstances did i let CSL no about what benefits i am getting just told them due to ill health i was out of work & in no state OV PAYING THE £383 they r asking 4 then they come back with just pay £135 & its done & dusted as i say they got nowt from me like national insurance numbers after all the help iv got from this site im going to ask CSL in a letter 4 all the info they have about this debt and that im supplied with the evidence that the debt is assigned legally to CSL if it does come back legally assigned to CSL i will just let them take it 2 court as me frist reply said the court will have 2 send me all the info & then i can send all the info the court needs about benefits (ect) & if im getting this right from all the replys iv hade the court will make me a offer about repayment

THANKS FOR THE REPLY Cartaphilus M8 GOOD WORK KEEP IT UP