mcr18

RBS overdraft..call from triton credit services

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3643 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I received a phone call yesterday from triton credit services re my overdraft with the RBS they said that I had to pay the whole amount and they would not accept any sort of plan etc , I told them I had never heard of them before and have asked them to send me something in writing and the women explained that a letter had been sent out fri and I should have received it by now and would know exactly who they are!!

I understand these people are actually RBS under another name so I presume that they do have a legit right to be talking to me?

I was quite shocked by all this because at the last contact I had with RBS I told them I was now unemployed and could only afford to pay them back at a Max amount of £20 per month till I got another contract they said they would send me their response I presume this is it!

I have never had to deal with this before i really need to avoid any ccj's as i am starting a law degree this yr and and county court action could cause me serious problems, I’ve read through various forums but with the multitude of ideas and opinions this has left me a little confused and I am not quite sure what the correct steps are to take can you help?

If you are in deed unemployed, ask them to take you to court and you will explain to the judge that you are unemployed and allow to make a payment of £10 per month (half what you are paying now). You can also explain that if they indeed take you to court, they would have to send you a copy of the assignation that they now own the debt, otherwise, pass it back to RBS Customer Collections who will continue to receive the £20 per month that I cannot really afford.

As Triton Credit Services are RBS, they will not take you to court as only the bank will and you can let them know that you will counter-claim for any bank charges.

Hi mcr18. First rule never ever ever hold any type of conversations with the Debt Collection Agency aka Triton over the phone. Everything should be in writing. Tell them when they call, you will not speak over the phone and to put details in writing.

Only then, you will find they will harrass you, once you agree to an amount, they will sting you for more and more. Stick to what you can afford, NOT what they tell you... if it's £10 per month do that and nothing more. You do not need to give them any more details than that. They are not entitled to have any financial information from you unless they have a court order. If you are unemployed send them a copy of your letter stating this fact and that is all.

A CCJ can only be obtained through the courts and there is a long way to go before it can get to that stage.

Good luck and don't have anymore telephone conversations with these low-lifes.

Have a read on some of the other threads - it will really offer you support and guidance.

x:)x

Triton are indeed the inhouse recovery department for RBS.

The account has not been sold or assigned. You are still dealing with RBS staff based at RBS Customer Management Services in Telford.

Why do RBS do this ?

Well, they believe that if the customer thinks they are dealing with a Debt Collection Agency, they can inflict more pressure, to extact more money from the customer. That they can behave in a way that is totally unacceptable, because ....it's not really RBS, a large financial institution, they wouldn't threaten you, lie to you, refuse to comply with official data requests, conceal vital facts which would help you defend your case, they wouldn't recreate an agreement, harrass you for money you genuinly can't afford to pay,change the account numbers & alter the type of account you have so they can add more interest both before & after Judgment, withold statements. Fraudulantly use documents to make it appear that your accounts are guaranteed, when they are not.

Nooo you wouldn't catch the RBS doing any of these. But there inhouse recovery departments Triton & CMS do all of the above & more.

Understanding the rules of engagement, basically there are none, will hopefully help you through this.

From now on, everything in writing. And everthing they say must be backed up with documented proof.

Debs x