style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2699 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I'm new here and this is my first post.

I'm a beauty product junkie and used to spend a silly amount on them.

Here are some tips for the girls (and the metro-sexuals) to save money.

1) Exfoliate with a mixture of sugar and oil (any cooking oil will do but olive oil smells quite nice).

It moisturises at the same time as getting rid of dry skin.:)

2) If you have bananas that are on the turn - mash them up with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, Fill a mixing bowl with warm water, place a towel in the water, spread the mixture on your face and neck, cover with paper or tissue, and top with the damp warm towel, relax for 20-30 minutes and shower with warm water to remove !

Feel free to add more !

Or instead of covering with a warm towel, just sit in a steamy bath for the same effect.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

Or instead of covering with a warm towel, just sit in a steamy bath for the same effect.

Excellent idea !

Porridge oats (the uncooked raw kind, not the instant ones) mixed with sugar makes a good body scrub, you can add a couple of drops of your favourite perfume into the mixture too....

Get some plain white vinegar, put it in a jar with several sprigs of fresh rosemary and use as a hair conditioning rinse, comb it through your hair when wet and shampoo off, result is straight shiny locks (very good for getting curly hair to go straighter!).

Porridge oats (the uncooked raw kind, not the instant ones) mixed with sugar makes a good body scrub, you can add a couple of drops of your favourite perfume into the mixture too....

Get some plain white vinegar, put it in a jar with several sprigs of fresh rosemary and use as a hair conditioning rinse, comb it through your hair when wet and shampoo off, result is straight shiny locks (very good for getting curly hair to go straighter!).

I have some rosemary so will try that

Have you tried removing all the mirrors. You can save a fortune!:wink:

i have very curly hair and use straighteners will try that one thank you sillygirl:-D

Estee Lauder promoting their Advanced Night Repair. Ask at the counter for your free sample as i'm a great advocate for trying before buying. If their products do what they say companies shouldn't be shy to promote their product in this way.

Nice...

By the way, did someone already tried applying honey on their face? Many have claimed that honey has a good effect on your skin. :)

Manukka honey is good for loads of things so maybe the hair as well wonder if its messy though:jaw:

Manukka honey is good for loads of things so maybe the hair as well wonder if its messy though:jaw:

I really don't know if honey is nice to be applied in the hair. Did you tried it? :)

Locally produced honey is good for hay fever symptoms, if you think about it your body is rejecting the pollen in the air, by having a teaspoon of local honey on cereal or in coffee/tea you are putting the 'allergen' into your body and building resistance.

Has to be LOCAL honey though, Manuka honey is no good at all. I get mine from the Farmers Market.

A raw egg beaten , makes a great conditioner. Make sure you rinse well, and the last rinse make it a cold one.

Sorry to bring up an 'older' thread but lemon juice and bicarb of soda are great for the hair to help revitalise. I was told to do it the day before dying my hair as it help the dye 'settle in' better :)

Does this help for dry hair too? Mine is like straw after a few repeated bleachings : (

If you've bought a hair conditioner that doesn't suit you, use it as a shaving lotion on your legs! Leaves them lovely and smooth, and doesn't dry out your skin!

My idea of enhancing beauty is to eat Fresh and Veg! secondly, to take spa breaks every weekend. This refreshes me a lot and makes me look more younger and fairer.

Hello, I'm just like you in that sense, I also always spend a crazy amount of money on beauty products. I know that with some girls to much make up just does not seem to look good, but with me it just seems to fit and highlight my facial features. That's why I could probably not live without eye-liners, blemish balms and moisturizing creams anymore. There is a lot of talk about natural beauty, but I think that with the right cosmetic products it is always possible to highlight that natural beauty. Of course eating healthy and playing sports also makes you look beautiful, but it just can't be denied that the right make-up always helps too.

Hello, I'm just like you in that sense, I also always spend a crazy amount of money on beauty products. I know that with some girls to much make up just does not seem to look good, but with me it just seems to fit and highlight my facial features. That's why I could probably not live without eye-liners, blemish balms and moisturizing creams anymore. There is a lot of talk about natural beauty, but I think that with the right cosmetic products it is always possible to highlight that natural beauty. Of course eating healthy and playing sports also makes you look beautiful, but it just can't be denied that the right make-up always helps too.

Does anybody have any suggestions on inexpensive but good beauty products? I'm especially interested in bb creams and moisturizing creams which I use quite a lot in winter because of my extremely dry skin.

Best regards, chrissy

vaseline, cheap and works great

If I owe you money, take a number and join the queue. If you owe me money pay up and shut up

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree about Vaseline, its amazing stuff, if your lips are dry/sore get a rough flannel and dip in the Vaseline n slough off all the dry chapped skin - rub some more on and massage it in, also great for taking eye make up off, rub round n circles wipe off and repeat!

Dry feet/hands? Smother in Vaseline before bed, pop on cotton sock/gloves and hey presto

Chrissy try boots organics super balm face - its awesome

Best budget BB for dry skin is garnier

Best upper priced is Estee Lauder active daywear, ive got dry skin and it's really comforting x

scotgal 

My fave non-budget buy is Elemis skin stuff, sometimes get it on a split pay deal on QVC. Lasts for about 4 months so the £66 deal might sound expensive.

Best budget buy is some cream from Poundland... it does my feet really well and smells wonderful.

I also use a cheap £1 nail polish from Superdrug, comes in a range of colours and lasts for about three to four days on the nails. They do a lovely glitter topcoat too. Range is called Mua, NYC isn't bad either.