CapQuest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my son was declared bankrupt July 9th 2009, so has just come out of bankruptcy, He has just received a letter from capquest who they say are acting for one of the loans he had, they said that his house has now been sold but there was a shortfall of £28000 and want all his personal details to see how best he can pay back this money. The house was repossessed but that and all his loans were included in the bankruptcy so can capquest make him pay back the money,

no

just a dca chancing their arm.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for quick reply, been reading about capquest but none of the questions were anything like my sons situation so wasn't sure, Capquest seem to have a bad name, I can see why. Thanks again feel a bit happier now.

Hi,

Just an update on CapQuest, sent a letter to capquest saying this debt all part of bankruptcy they have no legal right to chase him and all future correspondence will go straight to our solicitor, sent it recorded delivery , they received it saturday, no more letters coming at the moment, but now they ring once a day to speak to my son, we just put the phone down on them, the last phone call today at 8.15am said this phone call was being recorded by them. Is this the right way to go do you think? Have been in contact with the official receivers office who dealt with my sons bankruptcy, who said ignore them, but it's very worrying for us.

Morning,

Well, if the IR says to ignore them, that's good enough.

I would send CapQ one more letter from here:

The Consumer Forums - Harassment

Put a little on it about chasing this debt.

If they continue writing or phoning, complain to them first and when they knock you back, you can then go to the FOS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

No when I asked the OR was there anything they could do, all she said was ignore them, it's maybe as his bankruptcy was over 7th July this year? anyway am logging the calls and trying not to panic. I have saved a copy of the harassment letter ready to send if needs be,

Will keep you updated and thanks again everyone