Broken pushchair - were do i stand?

fred.
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last October we bought a travel system from Amazon getting ready early for our daughter being born in March. She was born 7th March and have been using the travel system since, in the last week both the lockable front wheel and brakes have become faulty. I know it was purchased in October but with only 4 months use this is not on, even 8/9 months i'm not sure this is acceptable.

Do i have any hope of getting a repair?

Yes was brand new from Amazon so have the internet receipt. I tried to contact the maker, Hauck, but they just said i should be dealing with Amazon as it only has 6 months warrenty?

length of warranty is nothing to do with it

you are covered under DSR [distance selling rules] and thus SOGA too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

just a word of warning, private sellers do use amazon to dispose of second hand goods or sometimes things they have brought new and not needed

im aware that buying from a private seller is differnt regs isnt it

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

just a word of warning, private sellers do use amazon to dispose of second hand goods or sometimes things they have brought new and not needed

im aware that buying from a private seller is differnt regs isnt it

Notwithstanding the common myth, there is no actual distinction in law between a so called "private seller" and any other.

For the Enforcement of Certain Consumer Protection Legislation, Section 210 of Enterprise Act defines a consumer sale, whereby

A business includes—

(a) a professional practice;

(b) any other undertaking carried on for gain or reward;

© any undertaking in the course of which goods or services are supplied otherwise than free of charge.

-----

Recital (2) of the EU Directive 1999/33/EC on certain aspects of the sale of consumer goods and associated guarantees also clarifies the issue

whereas free movement of goods concerns not only transactions by persons acting in the course of a business but also transactions by private individuals;

:cool:

Notwithstanding the common myth, there is no actual distinction in law between a so called "private seller" and any other.

errr. Yes there is. the paragraphs you post above demonstrate this, even if you are still sticking to that enterprise act rubbish.

Assuming this isn;t an Amazon Marketplace sale - you'll probably find they are pretty good at replacing faulty items, however it is not unknown for parents with superhuman strength to break things, and their get out will be to blame the user for 'abuse'. This makes it difficult to challenge as you have to prove a negative (that you didn't break it). The solution is to search online for the same make and model to see if others have reported a similar issue with the part(s) that are affected, as this sill back up your claim that the problem arises with normal usage.