Dodgy DN - acc. terminated - now need help to make a formal complaint against wescot for contacting my neighbours

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Briefly this is where I'm at now ..........

*I had a credit card, which I haven't paid for two years.

*I have been following this site and sent all the relevant letters.

*I have been sent a dodgy DN and they have terminated the agreement.

*I have sent the letter accepting their unlawful recission.

*I have received a copy of my CCA with my signature on it.

This matter has been passed to Blair Oliver Scott, power 2 connect, Apex, Geoffrey Parker Bourne, iqor, incasso, Robinson Way, Wescot and Nelson Guest & Partners.

All apart from Wescot and Nelson Guest & Partners have had the bemused letter. Wescot and Nelson Guest & Partners sent their letters after I'd accepted the unlawful termination, so need to get a different letter together for them.

It is now time to play hard ball with Wescot as I have recently found out that they have telephoned a number of my neighbours (4 that I know of, possibly more that haven't told me).

So now I am going to make a formal complaint against Wescot.

I have started this thread in the hope that you kind people on this fabulous site will offer your comments on how you think I should proceed with this complaint. :D

All help, advice and assistance is welcome........

consumeractiongroup.co.uk

And definitely complain to the OFT, as it is totally in breach of their guidelines to contact your neighbours.

IMO Wescot are the absolute worst DCA bar none :( On the other hand they were stupid enough to put their attempt at fraud in writing, which made for a nice complaint from me :)

Beggers belief that a DCA would contact your neighbours, certainly would be interesting to know what they discussed.

Certainly if it was anything personal to you or your situation it would merit a complaint to the OFT and Information Commissioners Office.

And yes, Wescot are a dosey bunch of shisters.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Guest HeftyHippo

unfair practice according : OFT (Ray Watson, Director Corporate Services, Credit)

risks revealing info about you : ICO

make complaints direct, send copy to your MP asking him/her to write to the above insisting that action be taken,

complain afterwards also to Wescot as they have to send details of complaint made to them to the FSO

Thanks guys.....

My plan is to send letters of to OFT, Trading Standards, ofcom the Information Commissioners Office and my MP.

As this account is terminated on the back of a dodgy DN, what kind of information would be appropriate to put in the complaint letters, as I don't actually acknowledge any debt to this company or indeed the OC?

I shall then draft a letter (help appreciated) to wescot enclosing these letters.

I am determined to get some kind of result from this and I am prepared to go to court and sue wescot for damages. I am very strong now, and after finding this site feel extremely confident in all my legal matters, but I can imagine that this kind of behaviour would really crush some people (especially if they don't know their rights) and for that I have to take action against these bullies. They've met their match with me!

I think all you need to say is that they are chasing a disputed debt, and that they have contacted your neighbours. There is no reason why you need to go into details as to why the alleged debt is disputed.

Nor do I see any need to copy the letters to Wescot, just making the complaints to the relevant bodies is enough.

thanks H&P, thinking about it, I agree with you there is no need to send the duplicate letters to wescot.

I do however think I need to get a letter off to the wetcloths to see what kind of answer I get, if any.

Ok, I have now got a v. good idea of what I am going to say in the letters and will be putting them together today and sending them off in the last post.

So if anybody has any last minute ideas that could be added I would be very grateful to hear them :D

Would it not be a good idea to get all that was discussed in writing from your neighbours, this would strengthen the complaint.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Thanks for your advice and yes, it probably would be a good idea, but tbh I don't really want to approach them about it, as you can understand I am somewhat embarrassed.

I think I will make the complaint first (without their statements) and then if it goes further, I shall ask them to put it in writing to assist the complaint, I'm quite certain that they will do if need be. Therefore, I shall mention in the complaint that the neighbours would be willing to put it in writing.