• Tweets

• It's not so bad then.  1250L is the standard tax code, and means he can earn £12500 pounds without paying tax, and then just pay tax on anything he earns over that amount.   Due to technically being out of work, and claiming UC, and now going back to work, the code is saying that he will pay tax on anything earned over £6500 pounds now, but it is under review and should change within the next 8-12 weeks, and if he has overpaid in the meantime, then it will be refunded via his paycheck.   The only reason for this is I am assuming that while shielding, his company did not keep him on the books.  If HMRC have got a record of him being on the books, and claiming UC, this will be them determining that he hasn't been trying to fraud the system by being paid as employed at the same time as claiming UC.  Once they clear that up, then they will correct the tax code.  So long as all his earnings and benefits all add up and they are happy then it will be back to normal.
    • Good Afternoon,   I am hoping to receive some advice regarding the below topic.   I was looking to purchase a property off-plan with a incentive attached and in order to secure this you pay a 'finder's fee'.     The fee was paid but then the property was un-mortgageable due to various reasons including the incentive being offered.   Having gone back to the agent to ask for a return of the finder's fee - they have refused saying that the incentive does not need to be disclosed and that essentially my broker is useless and I should use theirs!   Their broker also advised it would be hard to get a mortgage with the incentive disclosed which backs up what my broker has said.    This fee will now be kept on account.     I signed a form which confirms that the finders fee is non refundable - which was my error I should have checked if the property was mortgageable beforehand - however I wondered if there was anything I could do because:   The property is un-mortgageable - my broker tried all lenders including those who are happy with the incentive which was offered They have advised to withhold information which is clearly questioned in the mortgage application process   This is not a case of pulling out, this is a case that I cannot get finance and so cannot proceed.   Thanks in advance.
    • Hi all,  just wondering if i could get some help. me and my ex wife decided to get a loan back in 2017....i was continuing paying it but she didn't even though she promised me she would pay it as i agreed to it... and we split up in 2018, i was sectioned under mental health due to her behaviour.  short story... i came out 6 months later and she did not pay anything, my inbox was full, my phone with voicemails. i was not expecting this..... this loan was for £2000,    i tried to call her obviously she changed her phone number and email address, 2020 still not heard anything from her.... sent her letters she choose to ignore it.....   so i thought i come on here.... see you can make a complaint about responsible lending credit search.... behold just got a reply from progressive money....   i've also complained to amigo loans.... that is again she didn't pay anything... checked credit karma £11,876 on £7000 loans... hopefully something comes out of this....  - Summary Resolution Letter .pdf
    • Sorry it was 1250l before shielding he 
    • Is the 1250BR his code from before shielding?   Before shielding, the tax code would have been 1250 as this is the personal amount allowed to earn before tax. It should then have been followed by a single letter. The BR at the end means it is an emergency tax code, and that you receive no PFA, this is usual if you have more than one source of income.  This code means that all the earnings from this income will be taxed.   The 605T code is a temporary code, and shows that your tax is still being reviewed.   The changes in codes is due to the change in circumstances, firstly he was in work, then claiming UC while shielding (unpaid I assume), and then going back to work again.   They should sort themselves out, but you can always sign up to HMRC and keep an eye on the codes yourselves, and query anything with them as well.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
landy_alert

LTSB/Apex defaulted loan etc- advice required please!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3662 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone:)

I wonder if anyone can advise me on this please?

I have a loan with LTSB taken out around 6 years ago which I CCA'd them for last year. The last payment I made that didn't bounce was 2 and a half years ago at which point our circumstances changed significantly for the worse.

Since receiving the CCA (which I can post up if necessary) I put in a claim for mis-sold PPI (in Feb 2009) which was upheld by the FOS and which was only recently refunded in full to me despite the account being in default.

Shortly after submitting the mis-sold PPI complaint last year I received a formal demand for repayment of the loan balance from ****. It was then passed to AIC and by the end of 2009 it had been farmed out to Apex.

Having got rid of AIC by using the account in dispute over mis-sold PPI excuse, I proceeded to do the same with Apex.

By December 2009 the mis-sold PPI complaint was still being investigated by the FOS and Apex were still on the scene. Since then however, I have heard nothing further from Lloyds or Apex or any other DCA in relation to this account for that matter.

Whilst I am happy not to be currently under threat from another nasty DCA, I am hoping to soon be in a position to settle this account by making a F&F offer.

As I don't currently know who is collecting on this account I'm not sure who I should contact..........also the fact that it's all gone quiet concerns me slightly - is it the 'calm before the storm' and LTSB are gearing up for legal action?

I'm sure the advice will be 'don't poke a sleeping bear' and if all is quiet on the western front, leave it that way - but I want to get shot of this debt if possible (and by paying the lowest possible F&F ;)) as I would rather do this than wait for them to start legal action.

I would therefore be interested to hear suggestions/proposals as to how I should approach this and who I should approach as Apex dropped off the face of the earth some 7 months ago.............

Is it possible to cite the inclusion of mis-sold PPI on the agreement as a reason for the account being improperly executed and therefore a tool to negotiate a low F&F settlement for example?

Many thanks,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Well if your not sure who to contact why not wait until someone crawls from under a rock & contacts you?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Well if your not sure who to contact why not wait until someone crawls from under a rock & contacts you?

Hi Cerberusalert:)

Thanks for your reply!

I fully understand what you are saying, but I would like to see the back of LTSB if poss and in making an F&F on this account I would be going some way to doing this..............as I have now reclaimed the PPI so couldn't counterclaim against any legal action on that basis and as I don't believe the agreement to be unenforceable, I would rather pre-empt court action by getting it settled ;)

As this is only one of several accounts with LTSB for which we are in default I am concerned that at some point they will run out of patience and file a claim for one or other of the accounts.

I will post up the agreement later for further comments, although from what I've seen on other LTSB threads, the agreement is ok - unless the addition of PPI has a bearing on things?

Also, I don't have a DN at all for this account - if it was received pre-Cag (ie, between when I last made a cleared payment in early 2008 and my joining here later the same year, there is a strong chance my OH shredded it, but one has definitely not been received since.

I did a SAR last year and no DN was included in the 4 inch stack of paperwork I received in response, although again from reading round the forums I understand Lloyds don't keep copies of these.

Thanks again for your advice,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Helloooooooooo Guests :p

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

oh lots of them....

are they scared of you landy.

now on the from of DN's.......

they dont HAVE to keep them, all they have to do is record that one was sent. thats all.

so's thats not showing in the sar stuff?

don't forget the other possibility too.

it wasn't lloyds that defaulted you, it was the CRA system automatically doing it after 8 late or no payment markers were sent them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

oh lots of them....

are they scared of you landy.

now on the from of DN's.......

they dont HAVE to keep them, all they have to do is record that one was sent. thats all.

so's thats not showing in the sar stuff?

don't forget the other possibility too.

it wasn't lloyds that defaulted you, it was the CRA system automatically doing it after 8 late or no payment markers were sent them.

dx

Thanks dx:)

I'm going to have another trawl back through the SAR stuff (the whole forest of trees they utilised!) and see if I missed anything...........

Will report back with my findings.

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hi everyone:)

I have just been back through the whole 12 inch stack of SAR stuff from LTSB (phew..............:eek:) and couldn't find any reference to a DN being issued for this account.

All I could see was that the loan account was closed about 2 weeks after the date on the formal demand for the full balance from ****...........

At that point at least 12 payments had been returned as unpaid.

While searching I also found that OH's LTSB loan (stopped paying at around the same time) whilst also appearing to have no reference to a DN being issued, did have a reference to being 'charged off' after 12/13 payments had been missed. There is no such reference in my SAR notes.

I'm not sure of the significance (if any) of any of this.............

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

i think we can confirm then that it was an automatic defaults then

int on the charge off, you know what that means ofcourse.

dx

i think we can confirm then that it was an automatic defaults then

int on the charge off, you know what that means ofcourse.

dx

Hi dx:)

I had previously assumed (from my experience with MBNA) that when an account was 'charged off' the company concerned had sold it and claimed tax on it?

However, this account (not mine as per this thread, but OH's) was passed to AIC (around the same date of the charge off), then Apex, then Robbers Way, then most recently West Clots - all of whom refer to 'our client' so it appears to still be with Lloyds.

So have I got it wrong - can 'charged off' refer to both an absolute and an equitable assignment?

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

me thinks something fishy is going on thats for sure.

poss the DCA's are getting wise to the fact that they can ask 'more' if they claim to be still operating on behalf of the client.

ok just forwarned, i'm off up north to me BnB 3-13th so's i could be seeing a period of limited access.

dx