Virgin Mobile & Voicemail @ 20p per call

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They kept that one quiet!...

This from a company who used to advertise: "It's YOUR voicemail, why should you pay to access it?" :rolleyes:

Their "new" (it's been out a few months now) Addict tariff loudly advertises 8p a minute across calls etc... but it's only when you read the tariff throughout that you realise that Voicemail calls will cost you 20 p a go. :mad:

I bought a couple of spare cheapos a few months ago (always handy in case something happens to the main one!) and started one yesterday because I wanted a spare for the support group I am setting up so the spare will go to ansaphone and this way, it doesn't advertise my personal number or clog it with calls. Then discovered the new tariff and am really, really annoyed about it. I've already placed the order for stationery complete with tel no, so I'm going to have to manually change the no on all the flyers etc... Grrrr. :mad:

Thankfully, I still have a couple of the old SIMs lying around under the old set-up where voicemail is free, but it is very, very annoying.

*rant over*

Love it when a company shows how much its word is worth :p

Asda SIMS are about the same (8p per minute and 4p texts) and voicemail costs the same. ASDA Mobile - View and Compare our Low Price Tariff

If your handsets are locked to Virgin Media it's a bit of a hastle getting it unlocked tho :(

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Nah, I've got about 1/2 dozen "old" Virgin SIMs lying around with the free voicemail, but it's just the hassle of getting the number redone on the stationery, which was really the last thing I didn't expect to happen. :rolleyes:

Just checked online account, and one of the numbers still has £1.33 credit on it, result, lol! Unfortunately, that's one where the SIM has gone missing so on the phone to VM now to get them to send me a new one. Why can't it ever be simple? :mad: