Lloyds TSB return CCA letter + PO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quick query

Sent a CCA request to LLoyds TSB along with a blank crossed PO for £1, which according to the guy in the Post Office could be paid into any bank account.

Both the CCA request letter and the PO have today been returned to me along with a "with compliments" slip saying, "Please make PO payable to Lloyds as it is blank and return"

Is this just them mucking around, as surely they should be aware that a PO can be paid into an account?

What can I send them in response, or do I just wait 12 +2 days and send back with the "In dispute" letter?

Advice appreciated.

Thanks

Make it payable to LLoyds.

It can be paid into any account if its not crossed

They are protecting themselves from any accusations of wrong doing with blank P.O.'s

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Can I just write Lloyds on it then?

I wrote "cca request only" on the reverse, so find it a bit strange that they should be returning it along with the actual letter, surely they could send a letter saying "we are in receipt of your letter and processing it, but please resend this PO to us before we can release the documents"!

All seems a bit petty from them, imo.

Can I just write Lloyds on it then?

I wrote "cca request only" on the reverse, so find it a bit strange that they should be returning it along with the actual letter, surely they could send a letter saying "we are in receipt of your letter and processing it, but please resend this PO to us before we can release the documents"!

All seems a bit petty from them, imo.

But typical of LTSB, blueboy6970 :rolleyes:[/quote]

I just had a similar situation where I did make the postal order out to Lloyds but they also returned it along with my paperwork saying rather cryptically -

'unfortunately we are unable to accept this payment as you have requested documents for an account we do not manage.'

Fair enough, but they continue -

'If you do require documentation for a loan account, please confirm the loan agreement number (I already did!) and return the cheque to be represented (errr.......it wasn't a cheque, but a PO!) Cheques should be made payable to Lloyds TSB (a/c Eisis).'

Talk about confusing - I don't know if they're merely trying to confuse us or if they are confused themselves :eek:

As for writing 'Lloyds' on the PO - I'm not sure about that, but I'm sure someone will come along to advise.

I just think the whole thing smacks of delaying tactics in the hope we'll get fed up and bog off - which of course we won't!

Keep us posted how you get on!

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Just write LLoyds and return it recorded delivery, you have then done everything you need to. Then wait the 12+2 days. If they mess around again just send the account in dispute letter from the templates

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Thanks Guys/Gals

Landy, I know its a right pain, particularly when I know that it can be paid into any account. I've also been reading most of your posts/queries, then all seem to run exactly the same as mine are/will be.

My next is the letter received this morning from HFC saying "they need a copy of a signature", yet no mention of the PO not being made out to them!! (I've already got the response to this from here)

Hardup, will do that, although god knows why they couldn't have done that in the first place!

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Perhaps? they are playing for time as the original request only allows the 12+ 2 days so returning stuff for any silly reason buys them at least another 7 days?

Incidentally read recently about bank staff getting bonuses if they 'play silly b===ers with customers who are demanding their rights.

I do tend to agree but at least doing as I suggested takes away any possible argument they feel they have with regards to accepting blank PO's.

Either they have a CCA or not 7 extra days aren't going to help