Lloyds Bank taking money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lloyds have just deducted a £25.00 charge off me for not paying my loan with them even though I have written to say I cannot afford the payments and offered a pro rata amount (which I am waiting for a reponse on). This has now made me go overdrawn, are they allowed to do this?

I think they are allowed to do this.

My advice would be to open a new bank account with a bank that is not associated with Lloyds and have you money paid into the new bank account.

You could then set up a standing order to pay what you can afford into your Lloyds account.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Thanks Huggys

I have already opened a new account and cancelled my standing orders with Lloyds and left the bank with zero balance (now overdrawn due to the deduction they have made).

I guess my only option is to close the lloyds bank account that way they cannot take any money off me that I do not have.

My lloyds bank account is a seperate account from my loan one so I am surprised they could do this. We learn, first think monday I will settle the overdraft so I have 0,00 in my bank and close it.

Do you know if they can stop me closing it all?

thanks

I am not too sure if they can stop you closing it.

I am sure somebody else will advise you further.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Hi,

They will not close the account without a '0' balance, you would have to pay off the amount overdrawn first.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

You should be aware that even if your current account is not overdrawn, they may refuse to close it while you have still have payments outstanding on your loan.

enamae

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

I had the same problem with Lloyds TSB.....they refused to close account although it was not overdrawn...i complained to the Financial Ombudsman and the account was closed a week later..........I was in debt to the Lloyds TSB group for £35000 and have now got it down to £7000 and cannot wait to see the back of them..a very nasty organisation to deal with...good luck.

Just to let you know I did manage to close the account, I think because I only just sent the letters out offering pro-rata amounts and only missed 1 payment so far they didn't quite catch on so no more £25.00 charges taken directly off me (even though I'll know they'll just add them to the loan : ( )