PCN code 62 - parked with four wheels on pavement

Guest fuzzy6988
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK as I see it you have a misleading signage however, that will require a sympathetic ear which you may not get.

Failing that scan and wash both sides of the PCNs and post them here for us to look at.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some contibuters here are just as dim! Its a contravention to park on the footway unless in a marked bay so if you are outside the bay the contravention is correct.

I agree with B&T's comments about G&M's attitude. He must be very unhappy to have to take pleasure from adopting such a negative and confrontational style of posting. Unfortunately this seems to have tainted a few other posters in the Parking forums who are now adopting similar tactics. .

I have hit the triangle on one post I found to be particularly offensive to alert the site team. Perhaps if others did the same we might see a general improvement in the level of behaviour and helpfulness of these posts?

BD

:sorry:

sorry to hi-jack

Slightly of topic.

:mod: and apologies to site team.

:tsk:

I agree with B&T's comments about G&M's attitude. He must be very unhappy to have to take pleasure from adopting such a negative and confrontational style of posting. Unfortunately this seems to have tainted a few other posters in the Parking forums who are now adopting similar tactics. .

I have hit the triangle on one post I found to be particularly offensive to alert the site team. Perhaps if others did the same we might see a general improvement in the level of behaviour and helpfulness of these posts?

BD

:mmph:

Unfortunately with some threads that are opened the OP know his/her actions leads to an offence being commited.

Then they post on here asking how not to pay. :censored:

It is posts of this type that needed to have " :attention: triangle hit on :attention: '' and not the responding poster's negative and confrontational style of posting.

:tape: People tend not to notice or say when G & M's postings lead to the OP not having to pay a penalty of any discription. :tape2:

If people knowingly commit an offence then they should be willing to take the penalty,:violin: and not shout & whine on here about it when they do not like tough love answers.

:welcome::focus:

Back to topic

If you look at the sign in the OP's post (2 wheels on pavement) then you look at the sign G&M posted (4 wheels on pavement) you will see a clear difference of road signage.

OP has replied to state that there where no bays marked (that negates some posted replies).

:-)

dk

Edited by dragonkeeper
quote marks

I joined CAG initially to seek help - which was freely and cheerfully given. I now use CAG to give help. I think that unfortunately some others use it to score points against less experienced or knowledgeble people.

I believe bad news can still be given, a point of disagreement made or incorrect information highlighted etc. without resorting to rudeness or sarcasm, especially to new CAGGERS.

I also note that very rarely are the known flaws in PCN's and NTO's mentioned as something to be investigated as these are still not fully compliant in some council areas.

People can park illegally deliberately, risking the penalty or they can make a mistake. If the latter, (even the former?) and there is a way to exploit a council's mistakes in wrongly worded paperwork or poor procedure then as far as I am concerned that evens the score and the CAGGER should be given the opportunity by someone with the requisite knowledge to exploit the council's shortcomings and explore this possibility of avoiding paying the penalty.

I think I have made my views clear - as have others. I would prefer not to have to make further responses on this. I shall not respond further on this specific issue other than by tipping scales or the triangle as appropriate.

Edited by Bigdebtor

I joined CAG initially to seek help - which was freely and cheerfully given. I now use CAG to give help. I think that unfortunately some others use it to score points against less experienced or knowledgeble people.

I believe bad news can still be given, a point of disagreement made or incorrect information highlighted etc. without resorting to rudeness or sarcasm, especially to new CAGGERS.

I also note that very rarely are the known flaws in PCN's and NTO's mentioned as something to be investigated as these are still not fully compliant in some council areas.

People can park illegally deliberately, risking the penalty or they can make a mistake. If the latter, (even the former?) and there is a way to exploit a council's mistakes in wrongly worded paperwork or poor procedure then as far as I am concerned that evens the score and the CAGGER should be given the opportunity by someone with the requisite knowledge to exploit the council's shortcomings and explore this possibility of avoiding paying the penalty.

I think I have made my views clear - as have others. I would prefer not to have to make further responses on this. I shall not respond further on this specific issue other than by tipping scales or the triangle as appropriate.

I couldn't agree more BD, you've obviously been reading quite a few posts in this section and the obvious has smacked you in the face. I have to say that I think some of the CAGGERS you refer to (and I know who they are), are that enthusiastic on shooting fellow CAGGERS down in flames, they don't even read the threads carefully enough and I can point out one classic example recently about a stolen car being recovered by the police in the motoring section.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

I couldn't agree more BD, you've obviously been reading quite a few posts in this section and the obvious has smacked you in the face. I have to say that I think some of the CAGGERS you refer to (and I know who they are), are that enthusiastic on shooting fellow CAGGERS down in flames, they don't even read the threads carefully enough and I can point out one classic example recently about a stolen car being recovered by the police in the motoring section.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Maybe if certain people stopped giving 'opinions' as if it were fact on subjects they know little about then there would be no need to argue would there?

I'm not sure that is entirely accurate.

My sense is that it is pretty common for people to be asked to "scan, wash and post" the PCN or whatever documents are being discussed. Some OPs do and some don't. Some need (and) get guidance on how to post these thing up.

The reality is that the "known flaws" that you refer to are getting rarer and rarer although it is true that they shouldn't be discounted. Many challenges are based on hitherto untested (or at least unresponded to by adjudicators) issues and these are matters that often get explored and as this is an emerging area there are bound to be different views.

As for the other views you have expressed on this and related matters: there are a variety of styles that people use when posting here. Some use an authoritative style (ie tell the facts) and with varying degrees of credibility, others may have more of a coaching style while others have an information seeking style. IMHO all are welcome and should be valued (and I entirely ignore the green "reputation" scores).

We have, recently had a bit of an issue where posters become particularly fixated on something and stick to it in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. They can become dangerous as what they post has the potential to be misleading and lead someone who follows those posts to incur an increased liability or to miss the chance to cut their losses. When dealing with such posters there may come a time when they need to be responded to robustly.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Sailor SAm - thanks for your support. I was beginning to think this part of CAG was really a foreign land with different levels of expectation on courtesy, sympathy, empathy etc. - all just as important to vulnerable people seeking our help as actual knowledge, experience and provision of verifible facts.

BtB - I thank you for your contribution and do indeed take your point - some OP's do not seem to follow through with facts and evidence that might help their own case - but they are hardly given appropriate encouragement by supposedly authoritaive CAGGERS!

BD

Hi-jacking again

Of Topic

:whistle:

The following quote can be applied to the vast majority of CAG.

BtB - I thank you for your contribution and do indeed take your point - some OP's do not seem to follow through with facts and evidence that might help their own case - but they are hardly given appropriate encouragement by supposedly authoritaive CAGGERS!

BD

:whistle:

:-)

dk

I am happy to drop this if others will. I am only interested in helping CAGGERS as much as I can - but cannot stand bullies and do not understand why anyone can get pleasure in knocking someone who is already down by being unecessarily rude.

Can we please let this go - no more off topic responses please?

I am happy to drop this if others will. I am only interested in helping CAGGERS as much as I can - but cannot stand bullies and do not understand why anyone can get pleasure in knocking someone who is already down by being unecessarily rude.

Can we please let this go - no more off topic responses please?

Please direct me to one simple piece of constructive advice that you have given in this section? We can all post 'good luck' messages to people hoping to get a PCN cancelled but tea and sympathy is not going to help anyone. Please just link to a single post where you have actually provided factual information to assist anyone (that is correct)? All you have done is troll through old threads like some snivelling teachers pet trying to report my posts. Considering some of the posts you have reported are over 6 months old I'm sure if they had offended anyone they would have already been modereated. Did you report Sailor Sams post that told the OP he deserved a PCN......no I thought not! I think you need to buy a dictionary before you acuse me of being a bully and then take a good hard look in the mirror!

Please direct me to one simple piece of constructive advice that you have given in this section? We can all post 'good luck' messages to people hoping to get a PCN cancelled but tea and sympathy is not going to help anyone. Please just link to a single post where you have actually provided factual information to assist anyone (that is correct)? All you have done is troll through old threads like some snivelling teachers pet trying to report my posts. Considering some of the posts you have reported are over 6 months old I'm sure if they had offended anyone they would have already been modereated. Did you report Sailor Sams post that told the OP he deserved a PCN......no I thought not! I think you need to buy a dictionary before you acuse me of being a bully and then take a good hard look in the mirror!

Yes I did but I also said that it needs testing due to the possible poor/inadequate signage. Strange isn't it that that particular thread has gone quiet and the OP hasn't come back with any news. As for me being 'reported' for saying someone deserves a PCN, well like I said to you before; 'kettle-pot-black' because you have done the same on more than one occasion! If anyone parks knowingly in a place where it is obvious they are not supposed to (school entrance zig-zags, pedestrain crossings ect), then they DO deserve a PCN. We are not here to assist or encourage people to break the law after all, but just to assist those who have made genuine mistakes or where the LA's have screwed up with inadequate signage ect.

Now you may want to carry on and argue the toss who's right and who's wrong, but i'm off to bed now as unlike you, I need my beauty sleep.

Please Note

Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful

"We are not here to assist or encourage people to break the law after all, but just to assist those who have made genuine mistakes or where the LA's have screwed up with inadequate signage ect""

never a more true word is written

please remember this is what cag is all about.

if the OP is happy now, we shall be closing this thread

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do I get a gold star then? :first:

Please Note

if the OP is happy now, we shall be closing this thread

Who knows, OP hasn't been back to the forum since 6 August which was the last post before Bigdebtor resurrected this thread.

Funnily enough on that last post (which I made) the OP was asked to "scan and wash both sides of the PCNs and post them here for us to look at" which is also something that Bigdebtor has accused us of not doing in this forum.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks