Ukpc denied my first letter of appeal, what to do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I have just joined this site to see what to do as a next step from here.

My dads car recieved a fine 2 weeks ago for being over the bays at leyton, I sent an appeal to ukpc and with pics of about 5 vehicles which didn't get a fine for being over the bays. They rejected the letter and extended it another 2 weeks to pay the low amount.

I've read through the forums all saying the same thing " do not pay". Is there any kind of assurances of not paying? Or should I write a second letter? What's my next step?

From the title of the thread

Ukpc denied my first letter of appeal, what to do?

What to do advice is easy - NOTHING

Appealling is a waste of time as it is a private parking company out to [problem] the unwary out of their hard earned cash

Appeals except in very rare circumstances will always fail as the business is based on [causing problems] people out of their money and it is therefore not in their best interests to cancel their invoices

All you have received is a piece of paper with some words on it such as 'important legal document' 'do not ignore' and mentions of court, baliffs, debt collectors, solicitors all designed to make it look official and scare you into paying an unjustified amount because you think it has some official standing. Read through it and there is nothing definate with lots of mights and mayne's. Generally PPC's do not do court as they already know the outcome

Appealling means they will mark you up for an extra dose of junk mail as you appeared to take them seriously

From now on just Ignore what they send be it from the PPC, their Debt Collectors (next desk) or Solicitors (two desks over)

Thanks ppl, my only concern is that when I wrote the appeal, I gave my fathers name, because he was the registered keeper of the car but he wasn't the driver at that time of the penalty. Would that be a big problem.??

its not a FINE nor Penalty its a [problem] invoice , they cannot FINE you in any manner , nor can they justify the charge in law, nor can they impose a penalty in LAW

the [problem] works by sending you letters , that you will think are official

one word is all you need

IGNORE

If i write to you demanding £100 would you pay me ?

If i put my demand in bold, CAPITALS AND BOLD.

If i told you my solicitor friend would wright to you and use CAPITALS , BOLD, AND EVEN , RED INK.

Would you pay me the £100 fine i am demanding from you?

If you dont pay me the £100 fine i MAY instruct solicitors to prepare papers, which may result in a CCJ being issued through the county courts and i MAY send BAILIFFS to your house to remove goods to the value of £100 and costs of £720.50p MAY be added to your fine!!!!

Cany you see how this works yet?

If not please send me £820.50p within 7 days or else i will CRY.

• Confused 1

hello all:-)

If i write to you demanding £100 would you pay me ?

If i put my demand in bold, CAPITALS AND BOLD.

If i told you my solicitor friend would wright to you and use CAPITALS , BOLD, AND EVEN , RED INK.

Would you pay me the £100 fine i am demanding from you?

If you dont pay me the £100 fine i MAY instruct solicitors to prepare papers, which may result in a CCJ being issued through the county courts and i MAY send BAILIFFS to your house to remove goods to the value of £100 and costs of £720.50p MAY be added to your fine!!!!

Cany you see how this works yet?

If not please send me £820.50p within 7 days or else i will CRY.

It would depend whether there was any legal basis for the claim!? The flaw to the PPC enforcement business plan is the identification of the person who parked which makes ignoring the best option, however the OP has written to UKPC which may have included details of who parked so this could end up in Court.

There is still no legal basis for the claim, even if they can identify the driver. Under contract law, you can only claim for your losses not for arbitrary "penalties". If the vehicle in question was parked across two bays, the only loss was the use of the second bay, so they lost the potential parking fee for that bay - what was that, £1 or even £0?

Still ignore everything they send you.

There is still no legal basis for the claim, even if they can identify the driver. Under contract law, you can only claim for your losses not for arbitrary "penalties". If the vehicle in question was parked across two bays, the only loss was the use of the second bay, so they lost the potential parking fee for that bay - what was that, £1 or even £0?

Still ignore everything they send you.

I'm sure UKPC would love a win due to an uncontested claim.

They are unlikely in the extreme to even initiate a court action that may expose their [problem] to legal scrutiny, best advice as posted above ignore ignore ignore.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I think you're scaremongering somewhat Green & Mean.

There appears to be no basis for any claim and as we know, the chances are miniscule. Have UKPC ever even done court?

Uncontested claims are great if you want to start off just trying to reclaim the money you spent on the claim and then put a large amount of time and effort into recovering what is a piddling sum to a business. There is also the risk the other side will wake up and try to set the judgement aside.

ive had 7 letters from ukpc and i had a laugh reading them the last letter was in april from parking control saying they had purchased the dept ? what dept charging me to park on a free car park ha ha ha dont pay these jokers

• 2 months later...

:wave:

I grasp the meaning of your post green_and_mean (money for nothing and the chicks are free [cannot remember the name of the song or artist] )

i have recieved a letter about the ukpc again, but this time they have changed from "debt collectors ltd" to "parking collection services ltd" and also offered a discount from £148.99 down to £89.99. what you think people should i pay?????????????

:doh:

If you re read this thread that you have started you will arrive at the anwer to your last post.

They have offered you a discount in the hope that you will pay a smaller sum.

if you IGNORE it then you will had a much bigger discount ie: £148.99p discounted to £ 0.00p

:lalala: IGNORE :hand: IGNORE :lalala:

:wave:

dk

Am at the discount staqge with the current PPC paperwork - this shows just how thick (and desperate) they are as if they had any real claim to the amount they are invoicing for, they would proceed straight to court for the full amount (not that it would do them any good). Begging letters to come next no doubt :madgrin:

What does surprise me a little is that they do not keep a record of past potential victims so they know who is going to ignore them to save them the cost of sending out all their waste paper

Oh well more fool them but I wonder what will happen once everyone gets wise to their little [problem] :!: